|This article is in need of more images and/or better quality pictures in order to achieve a higher status. You can help Halo Nation by uploading better images on this page.|
- “The security spire's damaged interior only hints at the terrifying power of its previous inhabitant.”— Halo Waypoint - Halo Bulletin 11/9/11
Solitary is a multiplayer map from Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and the Anniversary map pack for Halo: Reach. It is a remake of Prisoner from Halo: Combat Evolved with several alterations to layout such as new gravity lifts and walkways on the backsides of the map. The game space is placed inside a recently outbreaked Forerunner prison in a big rotating structure in a snowy region.
Changes from PrisonerEdit
- All ladders have been replaced with gravity lifts.
- A ramp has been added from the back of the bases to the third level.
- A fourth level has been added, with only two rooms, walkways to the bases and two platforms above the bulk of the map.
- Ramps have been added from the back of the fourth level's rooms to the third level.
- While the Forerunner theme has been kept, the graphics have been updated massively and snow has been added to one half of the map.
- If you look out the window on the side of the map where the Sniper Rifle spawns you can see other large rotating structures, possibly other prison complexes.
- The structures are built atop very tall spires, making escape highly unlikely.
- There is a large hole in one of the walls of the prison alluding to the fact that the former occupant(s) may have escaped, despite the large fall that would be needed to survive and escape.
- It is in fact possible to go through through the hole as the monitor. However, doing so causes instant death.
- There is a GRD Doll on this level, just like the other six maps from the Anniversary map pack. The Spartan toy is in the room with the blue stasis tanks. To reach it, you must use either the Turret glitch, or place a teleporter receiver inside.
- During one of the campaign terminals, you can see 343 Guilty Spark floating past what appears to be one of the blue statis tanks. In the video, it shows that in one of them there is a very small flood spore. These were likely removed from the final map, because nobody could probably see them.
- it is very likely that the tower and those around it are actually in orbit of whatever planet they are on, as they are only connected to the ground by thin cables, which appear to be more like anchors than supports.
- When crouching on some windows and looking up, its possible to see a blue pulsating star.