Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “Assorted Team Slayer games on varied maps. Work with your team to outkill your opponents.”— In-game description for Halo 3's Social Slayer playlist
Social Slayer is a matchmaking playlist consisting of various assorted Team Slayer games on different maps, with team sizes of five players. You can test your skills against other combatants and their guests. Social Slayer does not have skill rankings.
Social Slayer in Halo 3 is the most popular matchmaking playlist. It started out as a 5v5 unranked Team Slayer playlist. At around the time the Legendary map pack was released, it changed from 5v5 to 4v4, though everything else remained the same. It was later made back into 5v5.
Maps played in Social SlayerEdit
Note: All maps have equal chance of being selected.
- High Ground
- Last Resort
- Boundless (Snowbound) - Variant of Snowbound with many shield doors removed.
- The Pit
- Pit Stop - Variant of The Pit with inaccessible spawn hives.
- Rat's Nest - Not required. Part of the Heroic map pack.
- Standoff - Not required. Part of the Heroic map pack.
- Ghost Town - Not required. Part of the Legendary map pack.
- Citadel - Not required. Available on the Halo 3: Mythic disk.
- Heretic - Not required. Available on the Halo 3: Mythic disk.
- Longshore - Not required. Available on the Halo 3: Mythic disk.
Gametypes played in Social SlayerEdit
- Team Slayer (58% chance of being selected) - 50 kills to win. 12 minute match time limit.
- Team Rockets (9%, Skipped after veto) - 50 kills to win. Rocket Launcher spawns, with no secondary weapon. Infinite ammo enabled. Map traits: No weapons. 12 minute match time limit.
- Team Duals (9%, Skipped after veto) - 50 kills to win. SMG spawns with Magnum secondary weapon. Map traits: Dual-wield weapons only, light vehicles only. 12 minute match time limit.
- Team BRs (23%) - 50 kills to win. Battle Rifle spawns with Assault Rifle secondary weapon. Map traits: Light vehicles only. 12 minute match time limit.