- “A wide assortment of non-Slayer objective games. Mix things up a bit, with a team or with an entire party.”— In-game description for Halo 3's Social Skirmish playlist
Social Skirmish is a Halo 3 playlist focuses on objective games such as Assault, Capture the Flag, VIP, Territories, and variants of those gametypes. Teams consist of four to five players with a max party size of ten.
Maps played in Social SkirmishEdit
Note: All maps have equal chance of being selected
- High Ground
- Last Resort
- Boundless - Variant of Snowbound with many shield doors removed.
- The Pit
- Pit Stop - Variant of The Pit with inaccessible spawn hives.
- Standoff - Not required. Part of the Heroic map pack.
- Ghost Town - Not required. Part of the Legendary map pack.
- Citadel - Not required. Available on the Halo 3: Mythic disk.
- Heretic - Not required. Available on the Halo 3: Mythic disk.
- Longshore - Not required. Available on the Halo 3: Mythic disk.
Gametypes played in Social SkirmishEdit
- One Flag CTF (15.3%) - Round based Capture the Flag, one team has a flag while the other attempt to capture it. Most captures after four rounds wins. Four minute round time limit.
- Multi Flag CTF (18.7%) - Both teams are attempting to capture the other team's flag. First to three captures wins. 20 minute match time limit.
- One Bomb (12.4%) - Teams take turns attempting to plant a bomb in the opposing team's base. Most detonations after four rounds wins. Four minute round time limit.
- Neutral Assault (14.4%) - Teams vie for a single bomb, attempting to plant it in the opposing team's base. First to three detonations wins. 20 minute match time limit.
- VIP (2.9%, Skipped after veto) - One player on each team is designated "VIP." Killing this player earns points for the opposing team. 10 points to win. VIP traits: 90% damage resistance, 2x shield multiplier, 50% shield recharge, passenger only in vehicles, waypoint visible to everyone. 12 minute match time limit.
- One Sided VIP (1.4%, Skipped after veto) - One player on one team is designated "VIP." The defending team must protect their VIP while the attacking team attempts to score points by killing the VIP. VIP traits: Magnum primary, cannot drive vehicles. Round ends after VIP is killed or after time limit is up. Highest score after 4 rounds wins. Three minute round time limit.
- Territories (19.1%) - One team defends as the other team attempts to capture territories. Team with most territories captured after four rounds wins. Four minute round time limit.
- Land Grab (15.8%) - Both teams must attempt to take as many territories they can. The team with the most territories captured after three rounds wins. Territories are locked upon capture and cannot be captured by the opposite team (locks reset at the end of each round). 30 uncontested seconds within a territory to capture. Three minute round time limit.