The soccer ball can be placed on any of the Heroic DLC Maps. It can be used as a rolling weapon with vehicle-like splattering capabilities, a shield since it is indestructible, or simply a ball for playing soccer. Game types and maps for soccer ball usage became downloadable content in the Bungie Favorites on Wednesday, December 12, 2007.
Using the Soccer Ball, some people play a form of Grifball. Instead of it being an Assault game variant, they use Forge and make soccer goals and try to whack them in with the Gravity Hammers, sometimes using overshields or changing game settings to keep players from dying. It is recommended using hammers or melee.
- In Foundry, if a soccer ball is placed between four shield walls arranged in a square, if hit it will bounce around, immediately stripping the shields of any player who interacts with it.
- Using this soccer ball, you can also perform something called the Clone glitch. This glitch has no practical use, just like the soccer ball, but can be fun to play around with.
- The Soccer Ball seems to have been inspired by Halo 2's Giant Soccer Ball, which can be found in Metropolis.
- The Soccer Ball, like the Golf Ball, is technically a vehicle, which is why it can be flipped and will "bounce" off shield doors.
- If the Soccer Ball gains speed and hits an enemy, it will make a bouncing sound, like what you would hear if you kicked a soccer ball in real life.
- The Soccer Ball spins and moves if you press the RB button.