|Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 5 Anti-Materiel|
Anti-matériel Sniper Rifle
|Damage Per Hit||
|Rate of Fire||
90 rounds/min [Notes 1]
~5,000 ft/s (1530 m/s) 
The SRS99-S5 AM is a gas operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic sniper rifle. This weapon has an incredibly similar design to the SRS-99 AM from Halo: Reach, in addition to having exceptional accuracy and the ability to take out energy-shielding and high-density armor at the same time. It has been confirmed that this weapon has a four shot magazine, similar to its predecessors, and also seems to have partial Tan coloring on the stock and scope, though it is unclear whether this is camouflage or simply aesthetic.
- There is a Medal in Halo 4 called Snapshot and it is awarded for no-scoping an enemy.
- It isn't possible to detect a fake hologram with this sniper rifle unlike the Halo Reach sniper rifle.
- In previous versions of the game, before the actual release, the sniper rifle seemed to have a different texture. The scope and thumbhole stock were a desert-khaki color and the lens on the scope was solid black instead of the cyan color in the final version of the game. It also seemed to have an external round counter on the scope, displaying the number of rounds left in a clip with red lights (See the screenshots below)
List of AppearancesEdit
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- 99C-S2 Sniper rifle (Halo: Combat Evolved)
- 99C-S2B Sniper rifle (Halo 2)
- 99D-S2 Sniper rifle (Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST)
- 99 Sniper rifle (Halo: Reach)
- ↑ Fire rate acquired by timing with a stopwatch to the nearest millisecond. Mathematics used: Number of rounds fired (N) divided by the time required to fire those rounds (T) multiplied by 60 = rounds per minute. Example: N / T * 60 = RPM