Small radio sets are used by the UNSC for communications between allied forces. They use the UNSC/Local Network for broadcasting. Their small size and light weight allows them to be used for portable combat practices.
Most D77H-TCI Pelicans, if not all, carry one or more radio sets so that in the event that the aircraft crashes, the radio can be recovered and used by the surviving crew.
- In Halo 3's Forge, the set is a scenery object and can be spawned by players on multiplayer maps.
- A radio set can be found during the first Campaign mission at Echo 051's crash site. This set plays a radio transmission from Crow's Nest when approached by the player.
- They appear in the Campaign mission The Storm.
- They are visible on the multiplayer map High Ground.
- If left long enough, they tune in to radio stations and you can hear garbled transmissions, as well as the Truth and Reconciliation track from Halo: Combat Evolved.
- Halo 3 (First appearance)