|This article is in need of more images and/or better quality pictures in order to achieve a higher status. You can help Halo Nation by uploading better images on this page.|
The Shell-shocked Army trooper is an easter egg that is found in the Halo: Reach level New Alexandria. When approached, he will be cowering and pointing his pistol at his head or at the walls, yelling:
- “Oh, God! I didn't sign up for this! Not aliens, man! That's it, I am out! Seriously, we're fighting aliens now? Innies were bad enough, now we got freakin' aliens? Not me man, I'm out! O-U-T, out!
Lemme tell you, whatever you do, don't let them bite you. I hear if one of those little ones bites you, you turn into one! Imagine it, man, we're all going to turn into little methane-sucking freaks! They're going to strap us up with tanks and have us fighting on their side! Not me, man, I'm out! They're not going to get me. No way I'm turning into no squid-faced alien freak! I bet that's what those big monkey-looking Brute things are! They're us, man! They're us, turned Covie and fighting ourselves, man! Oh, God! No way, not me. No way, no way, no way, oh, God, no, no, no, no!”
The trooper then begins to alternately shiver, scream, and calm himself down by saying, "sh, sh, okay."
There are two animations for this easter egg: one with the trooper standing, looking around wildly and pointing his gun at the walls, and another where he's kneeling, holding the gun to his head.
- Similar to the Final Grunt, if the trooper is killed while talking, his corpse will continue speaking.
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 YouTube - Halo Reach Crazy Marine Easter Egg
- ↑ YouTube - All Of Halo's Crazy Marine Easter Eggs 3:06