Rock formations, crystalline structures, and UNSC structures
Shatter, also known as War Games Map_Set/: 593-6, is a multiplayer map in Halo 4. Shatter is themed around natural crystalline surfaces and the huge UNSC factories mining them. For some close-quarters face-time, escape the open landscape and duck into a mining facility, or slip through a doorway and hunt unsuspecting Spartans. Shatter enables multiplayer mayhem for up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 players in other modes, such as Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Dominion and Extraction. Shatter was released as a part of the Crimson map pack on December 10, 2012.
The map is symmetrical. One set of structures is red and the other is blue. In the middle of the entire map, there is a bridge that goes over the main road. There are stairs that lead up to the bridge. This is flipped for either side. There is also a platform adjacent from the stairs on the opposite side of the bridge that can let you jump down to the main road or the bridge. On either side of the bridge towards the edges of the plateau, are little out buildings that are colored according to the side they are on. From the left of these buildings (facing the bridge) are split paths that lead to the opposite spawn. These are usually through rocky terrain and one being elevated over the other path. From the right, you can reach and see your spawn. In each spawn, there is a teleporter that allows you to jump to the side's appropriate out building.
These are the weapons that individually spawn through initial drops or through randomly timed drops
- Rocket Launcher: Spawns right in the middle of the center bridge.
- Plasma Grenade: Two spawn via ordinance in either spawn, at the top of the man cannon lifts.
- Sniper Rifle: On the roof of each of the out buildings.
- Needler: Behind the stairs in each spawn.
- SAW: Can randomly spawn on the main road under the bridge.
- Railgun: Two can randomly spawn on the upper rock road heading towards the opposite team's out building.
- Spartan Laser: One can randomly spawn near the teleporter platform near each out building.
These are the placements of either objective drops or random drops.
- On each platform that allows you to either jump down to the main road or the bridge, is a random drop.
- On each end of the bridge, near the platform and stairs are random drops and objective based drops.
- Beside each teleporter exit, there is an objective based drop.
- Between the corner of two of the entrances in either out building, there is an objective based drop.
- In the back of each out building is another objective based drop.
- Mantis: A Mantis spawns under the bridges leading into the spawn building at either spawn.
- Ghost: From the left of either spawn, one will spawn. As well, one spawns almost right underneath the platform under the bridge on either side. A Ghost spawn platform will spawn by either out building in Dominion.
- Gauss Hog: A Gauss Hog spawns under the bridge on the main road in Dominion.