- “Hail humans, and take heed. This is the carrier Shadow of Intent. Clear this sector, while we deal with the Flood.”
First Battle of High CharityEdit
- Main article: First Battle of High Charity
At the start of the Great schism during the Battle of High Charity, Shadow of Intent was captured by Jiralhanae forces and turned against the Sangheili fleets outside High Charity. In retaliation a strike force led by Rtas 'Vadum went aboard the ship to re-take control. After the Flood had infested High Charity, Shadow of Intent and its accompanying Sangheili Fleet engaged in quarantine tactics over High Charity, trying their best to prevent the Flood from escaping the borders of the infested city while also dealing with the Covenant threat.
- Main article: Battle of Tsavo
However, a Flood-infested cruiser broke through their lines and jumped to Earth. A Sangheili battlegroup led by Rtas 'Vadum broke off their blockade and followed it, intent on preventing it from infecting the planet. It took part in the later stages of the Battle of Earth, where it supported local United Nations Space Command units by landing troops, vehicles and supplies into the area. Later, it glassed the city of Voi and outskirts of Kenya in Africa, to prevent the Flood from spreading across Earth.
Assault on Installation 00Edit
- Main article: Battle of Installation 00
The ship later led a joint UNSC-Covenant Separatist force through the slipspace portal to Installation 00, also known as "The Ark," where it engaged and defeated the Prophet of Truth's Fleet despite facing forces three times their own strength numerically, which Rtas 'Vadum declared an "even fight."
During the assault on Truth's position, Shadow of Intent sent down soldiers, vehicles and supplies to aid the Human and Sangheili forces. There, it then took part in a diversionary bombardment of the shield protecting the Citadel.
Later during the battle, the carrier moved into position above the Citadel to glass the building and to kill the Prophet of Truth. Though before that could take place, the ship was punctured by a large Flood dispersal pod from the Flood-infested High Charity, which had just arrived via Slipspace. The ship was afflicted with "significant damage" and lost use of its major weapons systems, although it was able to stay in commission and return to Earth with all the surviving Humans and Sangheili.
Return to SangheliosEdit
Shadow of Intent returned to Earth to carry out a diplomatic mission from February 29 - March 3, 2553. No other details are known.
Urs system conflictsEdit
During May and April 2554, Shadow of Intent was present during multiple conflicts in the Urs system and on April 22, 2554 was rendered combat ineffective during fleet action against Jul 'Mdama's Covenant forces.
From May 6, 2557 to June 1, 2557, Shadow of Intent participated in various naval exercises with the UNSC. The vessel later received significant improvement to its dynamic capabilities and alterations to its Nanolaminate hull plating.
- During the meeting between Fleet Admiral Sir Terrence Hood and Shipmaster Rtas 'Vadum, UNSC Forward Unto Dawn was small enough to fit inside Shadow of Intent's hangar, located in the middle of the ship's hull.
- There is a Marathon symbol on the table in Shadow of Intent's bridge.
- The Secret Room On The Ark is actually Shadow of Intent's bridge.
- After the Scarab is destroyed on the Ark, Shadow of Intent can be seen flying into the atmosphere and then staying stationary just off the Cartographer.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - pages 70 - 71
- ↑ HBO image that demonstrates the size and scale of warships in the Halo Universe
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Halo Waypoint - Universe - Shadow of Intent
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Halo Waypoint - Catalog Interaction - Page 14
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo 3, level Floodgate
- ↑ Halo 3, level The Covenant
- ↑ Halo 3, Epilogue