- "Hail humans, and take heed. This is the carrier Shadow of Intent. Clear this sector, while we deal with the Flood."
- — Rtas 'Vadum
Battle of Installation 05Edit
- Main article: Battle of Installation 05
Shadow of Intent was re-captured by the Sangheili (and perhaps the Unggoy and Mgalekgolo of the Covenant Separatists) on Installation 05 from the Covenant Loyalists. After the Flood had infested High Charity, Shadow of Intent and its accompanying Sangheili Fleet engaged in quarantine tactics over High Charity, trying their best to prevent the Flood from escaping the borders of the infested city while also dealing with the Covenant threat.
- Main article: Battle of Voi
However, a Flood-infested cruiser broke through their lines and jumped to Earth. A Sangheili battlegroup led by Rtas 'Vadum broke off their blockade and followed it, intent on preventing it from infecting the planet. It took part in the later stages of the Battle of Earth, where it supported local United Nations Space Command units by landing troops, vehicles and supplies into the area. Later, it glassed the city of Voi and outskirts of Kenya in Africa, to prevent the Flood from spreading across Earth.
Assault on Installation 00Edit
- Main article: Battle of Installation 00
The ship later led a joint UNSC-Covenant Separatist force through the slipspace portal to Installation 00, also known as "The Ark", where it engaged and defeated the Prophet of Truth's Fleet despite facing forces three times their own strength numerically, which Rtas 'Vadum declared a "fair fight".
During the assault on Truth's position, Shadow of Intent sent down soldiers, vehicles and supplies to aid the Human and Sangheili forces. There, it then took part in a diversionary bombardment of the shield protecting the Citadel.
Later during the battle, the carrier hovered above the Citadel to begin to destroy the building and to kill the Prophet of Truth. Though before that could take place, the ship was punctured by a large Flood dispersal pod from the Flood-infested High Charity, which had just arrived via Slipspace. The ship was afflicted with "significant damage" and lost use of its major weapons systems, although it was able to stay in commission and return to Earth with all the surviving Humans and Sangheili.
Return to SangheliosEdit
- At the bow of Shadow of Intent and numerous other assault carriers, there is a more bulbous section instead of the flat part where the engines are. This is only seen on assault carriers in Halo 3.
- During the meeting between Fleet Admiral Sir Terrence Hood and Shipmaster Rtas 'Vadum, the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn was small enough to fit inside Shadow of Intent's hangar located in the middle of the ship's hull.
- There is a Marathon symbol on the table in Shadow of Intent's bridge.
- The Secret Room On The Ark is actually Shadow of Intent's bridge.
- After the scarab is destroyed on the Ark, Shadow of Intent can be seen flying into the atmosphere and then staying stationary just off the Cartographer.