190 cm (6'3")
|Affiliation and military information|
- "Today I will follow my predecessor's advice... You are hereby ordered to eliminate Dr Catherine Elizabeth Halsey"
- — Admiral Serin Osman to Captain Thomas Lasky
Admiral Serin Osman, formerly SPARTAN-019, is a Human senior officer of the UNSC Navy and current Director of the Office of Naval Intelligence. Abducted in 2517 as a SPARTAN-II candidate, Osman failed the augmentation process and was recruited into ONI. Considered as a "protege" to Admiral Margaret Parangosky, the Director of Naval Intelligence, she has groomed the former Spartan for a potential future as her successor. She is also known for 'in-your-face' way of answering people.
She was hand picked by Parangosky to lead a diplomatic mission to Sanghelios after the war. For the mission, she was paired with the AI Black Box. At first, she reacted to the eccentric AI with wariness and suspicion, but learned to trust him over time. Serin Osman and her crew had to respond to Venezia to help the UNSC Adriene evacuate. When Venezia refused to help and caused the Adriene's destruction, she vowed to come back and get revenge. Afterwords she aided in the capture of Catherine Halsey.
Later when Evan Phillips is caught in the cross fire of the Sangheili Civil War she returned to Sanghelios to save him. When she arrived, the Sangheili civil war erupted. When the UNSC Infinity arrives to aid the Arbiter, she must save 'Telcam and even the odds between the two sides.
As of 2558, Osman had been promoted to Admiral and was head of ONI following Admiral Parangosky's death. During the Second Battle of Requiem, the artifact that had been recovered from Requiem and brought aboard the UNSC Infinity began to warp Promethean Knights aboard the ship. During the battle onboard Infinity a single Promethean Knight kidnaps Catherine Halsey. After this occured Capt. Thomas Lasky contacts Admiral Osman, where she then orders him to eliminate Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey as her predecessor had wanted.
- Serin Osman was to be promoted to Rear Admiral and to lead ONI after the resignation of Admiral Parangosky according to Halo: Glasslands.
- Admiral Osman may also have a personal agenda against Dr Halsey. This would help explain why Serin and her predecessor, the former Admiral Margaret Parangosky have such a close relationship.
- This may also be due to resentment from washing out of the SPARTAN-II Program.
- The only SPARTAN ever known to hold a flag rank.
- One of only a few SPARTAN's, if any, who does not see Dr Halsey as a mother figure or as a person of authority.
- This may be due to her failing the augmentation process and being discarded by Dr Halsey as a 'reject', causing her to turn to others, such as Admiral Parangosky, to whom the latter fueled this fear into anger towards Dr Halsey.
- She is the first SPARTAN washout portrayed in any of the games.
List of appearancesEdit