"INCOMING CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"
|This article does not have enough inline citations/proper citation format. You can help Halo Nation by adding citations.|
15,038 kilometres (9,344 mi)
Length of day
Length of year
Threat to array
Significant to Serious
- "Things look different now, without the Prophets' lies clouding my vision. I would like to see our own world, to know that it is safe."
- "Fear not, for we have made it so."
- "By your word, Arbiter."
- “Take us home.”
Sanghelios is the homeworld of the Sangheili race. Sanghelios is the fourth planet in the Urs system, a trinary star system of the stars Urs, Fied, and Joori. The planet has two moons called Qikost and Suban.
After March 3, 2553, Thel 'Vadam, Rtas 'Vadum, and the crew of the Assault carrier Shadow of Intent depart Earth, bound for Sanghelios to check it's current state. The Arbiter assures Rtas 'Vadum that they have made it safe.
However some of the Sangheili weren't ready to follow the Arbiter, and a civil war soon erupted and ended with the remaining Covenant forces withdrawing from Sanghelios. Sanghelios was possibly an area of heavy conflict between Separatist and Loyalist forces.
- Main article: Battle of Sunaion
Many Forerunner artifacts and structures exist on the planet, which are the topic of worship, as well as the cause of a historical war between the Sangheili and the San'Shyuum before the formation of the Covenant.
Being a homeworld, the planet is home to a huge number of civilian Sangheili numbering over eight billion, as well as a large defense force.
Sanghelios has a gravity of 1.375G, and an average surface temperature of -5 °C to 56 °C (23 °F to 133 °F). Sanghelios is inhabited by approximately 8.132 billion Sangheili. The Bestiarum indicates that Sanghelios is similar to Earth in shape, and in proportion, though the land masses are more scattered in relation to bodies of water. Like Earth, its atmosphere consists of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen, but also has a reddish hue to it, perhaps indicating large amounts of iron or new rock being made by the core.
Flora and FaunaEdit
Sanghelios is a very diverse world that has a thriving eco-system. A great example of this is within the territory of Nuusra which included different species like the Kryn’qodon and the Orzil. Other species on Sanghelios include the Helioskrill, Doarmir, Colo, and unknown aquatic creatures. Other ocean dwelling creatures on Sanghelios include the Snap-tail and Electric Kesh. Irukan was also grown on the planet.
- State of Thasanee
- State of Konar
- State of 'Mdama
- Csurdon Sea
Given that Sangheili are named after the region they are from, which is in turn named after its founder, there are a number of possible states, currently totalling more than thirty:
|Theoretical Sanghelios States|
Ahrmonro • Crolun • Chavam • Fulsam • Ikaporam • Inanrar • Jeqkogo • Kasam • Konar • Losona • Mantakr • Moram • Mortum • Nbek • Nosol • Ontom • Pewtruno • Putum • Qualom • Refum • Rolam • Sraom • Sumai • Taham • Umam • Vadam • Vadum • Wamik • Wattinr • Xellus • Zamam • Zule
- Fal 'Chavamee
- Thel 'Vadam
- Usze 'Taham
- Toha 'Sumai
- Rtas 'Vadum
- N'tho 'Sraom
- Ripa 'Moramee
- Sesa 'Refumee
- Zuka 'Zamamee
- Jul 'Mdama
- Avu Med 'Telcam
- Raia 'Mdama
- Ussa 'Xellus
- Most of the Sangheili species
- The name "Sanghelios" comes from the Latin sanguis and the Greek helios meaning "Blood-Sun". It is implied that this may refer to the emphasis on "blood" in the culture of the warrior Sangheili that live there.
- In Rooster Teeth's Grifball mini-series, there is an all Elite Grifball team called the Sanghelios Heretics.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Halo Waypoint: Universe - Locations - Sanghelios
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Halo 3 level Halo
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5 E3 Campaign Demo
- ↑ Halo: The Cole Protocol
- ↑ Halo 3 Bestiarum
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Fauna Getaway
- ↑ Halo: The Cole Protocol - page 188
- ↑ Halo: The Cole Protocol - page 159
- ↑ Halo: The Thursday War - page 205
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - The Return motion comic
- ↑ Halo: Shadow of Intent - page??
- ↑ Halo: The Thursday War - page ??
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 86
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Universe - Locations - Sanghelios
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Shade Turret
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Grifball: "Expansion" 2