|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
The seeds of the Blooding Years began immediately after the end of the Great Schism and the Human-Covenant war. In January 2553, the Arbiter Thel 'Vadam began to visit the various states to propose a peace treaty with humanity. He argued that too many Sangheili had been lost in the Great Schism, and that Sanghelios had to be rebuilt. This proposal was not well received by all, and civil unrest ensued. Dissident Sangheili began to join the Servants of the Abiding Truth, an old orthodox religious group who opposed the Arbiter led by Avu Med 'Telcam.
In February 2553, Fleet Admiral Terrence Hood arrived on Sanghelios to formalize the cease-fire with the Arbiter. They met in the state of Vadam and formally ended hostilities, solidifying the Treaty of 2552.
- Main article: Assault on Vadam
After a Jiralhanae rebellion began in Ontom, the Servants of Abiding Truth decided it was the time to strike against the State of Vadam. This assault was met with massive resistance including forces from the Swords of Sanghelios and the UNSC Infinity. The attack would ultimately fail with the Servants eventually retreating to New Llanelli.
- Main article: Battle of Sunaion
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo Waypoint - Universe - Locations - Sanghelios
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Osiris
- ↑ Halo: Tales from Slipspace - Knight Takes Bishop>
- ↑ Halo: Glasslands - page 777
- ↑ Halo: The Thursday War - page 155, 156, 168
- ↑ Halo: The Thursday War - page 321-331
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Universe - Locations - Sunaion