- "There won't be any program; not like the Spartan-Twos, anyway or the Spartan-Threes, if I can help it. We're back to using consenting adults now, like we did in Project Orion"
- — Margaret Parangosky
The SPARTAN-IV Program is the fourth generation of the SPARTAN Program, consisting of members recruited from the UNSC's military who were augmented to be capable of wearing a new variant of the MJOLNIR GEN2 armor. This phase was initiated by Admiral Margaret Parangosky after the Human-Covenant war, and some are stationed near the UNSC Infinity in the Oort Cloud.
Similar to the original ORION Project, the SPARTAN-IV Program would only consist of adult volunteers, as opposed to young children (despite their stellar operational record in previous generations of the program). When the program was started, surviving members of previous generations were offered an opportunity to be integrated into it, though it remains unknown how many accepted or declined. The first active SPARTAN-IVs were already deployed as early as 2553 as some of them were temporarily assigned to the UNSC Infinity before it was scheduled to launch.
It has been stated that red SPARTANs fight blue SPARTANs because they are in a training simulation aboard the UNSC Infinity.
- Sarah Palmer 
- Jared Miller
- Robert Dalton
- Fireteam Apex
- Fireteam Avalanche
- Fireteam Castle
- Fireteam Crimson
- Fireteam Domino
- Fireteam Forest
- Fireteam Horse
- Fireteam Ivy
- Fireteam Kodiak
- Fireteam Lancer
- Terry Ledge
- Fireteam Majestic
- Fireteam Mountain
- Fireteam Rhino
- Fireteam Shadow
- Horatio Fry
- Fireteam Switchback
- Cara Costabile
- Bradford Gale
- Fireteam Sword
- Fireteam Talon
- Fireteam Tower
- Fireteam Wolf
- It is stated through the thoughts of Admiral Parangosky in Halo: Glasslands that there were a small fraction of SPARTAN-IVs active before the end of the war with the Covenant .
- There is now a branch of the UNSC Defense Force comprised entirely of SPARTAN-IVs.
- It seems that SPARTAN IV personnel wear part of their MJOLNIR bodysuit at all times, as evidenced by the docking ports as well as that no one else is seen wearing it. This also makes sense as SPARTAN-IVs spend more time out of armor and may need to don their armor quicker than previous generations.
- Considering Spartans from all generations were invited to the SPARTAN-IV program; Orions, Spartan 1.1s, SPARTAN-IIs and SPARTAN-IIIs could be considered SPARTAN-IVs if they joined. There is reason to believe a number of Spartan-IVs are former ODSTs as well, indicated by ingame dialogue.
- In addition to being deployed on the UNSC flagship Infinity, Spartan-IVs are also stationed on ONIRF Trevelyan and Gamma Halo.
- Red and Blue Spartans are set to be released in Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition skin pack 4
- The only SPARTAN-IV whose rank is mentioned is Sarah Palmer, who is a Commander. It is possible, though unconfirmed, that the rank structure of the SPARTAN-IVs is identical or at least similar to that of the UNSC Navy.
List of appearancesEdit
- Halo: Glasslands (First mentioned)
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: The Thursday War (Mentioned only)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 YouTube: Halo 4 Flag Stabbing and Spartan Cosplay - Comic-Con 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: Glasslands, page 422
- ↑ Halo: Glasslands, page 434
- ↑ Halo: Glasslands, page 435
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 YouTube - Halo 4: Spartan Ops Gameplay
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 YouTube - Gamespot Halo 4 Limited Edition Unboxing
- ↑ MightyApe.co.nz: Halo 4 Limited Edition screenshots
- ↑ Halo 4 Limited Edition
- ↑ Halo 4, In-game description of the Defender armor.
- Halo Waypoint Halo Official Website
- Youtube: Halo 4 ViDoc: Making Halo 4: First Look
- Youtube: Halo 4 - Multiplayer Snapshots
- Youtube: Halo 4 - Multiplayer Preview
- Youtube: Halo 4 Analysis, Details, & News!
- Youtube: Halo 4 - "Inside Xbox" Event Coverage
|SPARTAN Related Topics|
SPARTAN-II MIA Protocol • SPARTAN-II Training • Spartan Neural Interface • Spartan Signals • Oly Oly Oxen Free