- “There won’t be any program — not like the Spartan-Twos, anyway. Or the Spartan-Threes, if I can help it. We’re back to using consenting adults now, like we did in Project Orion.”
The SPARTAN-IV Program is the fourth generation of the SPARTAN Program consisting of members recruited from the UNSC's military who were augmented to be capable of wearing a new variant of the MJOLNIR GEN2 armor. This phase was initiated by Admiral Margaret Parangosky after the Human-Covenant war.
Similar to the original ORION Project, the SPARTAN-IV Program would only consist of adult volunteers as opposed to young children. When the program was started, surviving members of previous Spartan generations were offered an opportunity to be integrated into it. ODSTs were also invited. The first active SPARTAN-IVs were already deployed as early as 2553 as some of them were temporarily assigned to UNSC Infinity before it was scheduled to launch.
- Sarah Palmer
- Jared Miller
- Robert Dalton
- Bethany Kossup
- Joel Thomas
- Edward Davis (KIA)
- Ilsa Zane (Discharged)
- Yeong-Hao Holst
- Hong (KIA)
- Ernst Deming (KIA)
- Estey-Bethel (KIA)
- Lincoln (KIA)
- Dunlap (KIA)
- Casillas (KIA)
- Toshi (KIA)
- Naiya Ray
- Vladimir Scruggs (KIA)
- Terry Ledge
- Paul DeMarco (KIA)
- Tedra Grant
- Anthony Madsen
- Gabriel Thorne
- Carlo Hoya
- Fredric Zurenia (KIA)
- Scott Macrae (KIA)
- Horatio Fry
- Cara Costabile (KIA)
- Bradford Gale
- There were a small fraction of SPARTAN-IVs active before the end of the Human-Covenant War.
- SPARTAN-IVs are part of a new branch in the UNSC simply called "Spartan." The new branch operates independently of the Army, Navy, and Marines. They are no longer considered assets of the Navy or Office of Naval Intelligence.
- In addition to being deployed on UNSC Infinity, SPARTAN-IVs are also stationed on ONIRF Trevelyan and Installation 03.
- Red and Blue SPARTAN-IVs were released in Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Skin Pack 4.
- Instead of being given a number to go with their first name, SPARTAN-IV's are referred to as Spartan followed by their last name or full name.
- Dr. Catherine Halsey considers SPARTAN-IVs to be inferior to SPARTAN-II's because they haven't undergone a lifetime of military training and indoctrination.
- An average SPARTAN-IV in GEN2 MJOLNIR armor can take on an average SPARTAN-II in GEN1 MJOLNIR armor due to the GEN2 armor being more advanced. However, without armor, SPARTAN-IIs are superior.
- Halo: Glasslands (First mentioned)
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: The Thursday War (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 YouTube - Halo 4 Flag Stabbing and Spartan Cosplay - Comic-Con 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: Glasslands, page ??
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo: Glasslands, page 422
- ↑ Halo: Glasslands, page 434
- ↑ Halo: Glasslands, page 435
- ↑ Halo: Initiation, page ??
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 YouTube - Halo 4: Spartan Ops Gameplay
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ MightyApe.co.nz: Halo 4 Limited Edition screenshots
- ↑ Halo Waypoint – SPARTAN-IV
- ↑ Halo: Initiation, page 23-25
- ↑ Halo 4 Limited Edition
- ↑ Halo 4 – Defender armor description
- ↑ Frank O'Connor interview during San Diego Comic-Con 2012 1:15 - 2:10
|SPARTAN Related Topics|
SPARTAN-IV augmentation procedures • SPARTAN-II MIA Protocol • SPARTAN-II Training
Spartan Neural Interface • Spartan Signals • Oly Oly Oxen Free