Spartan Neural Interface
|Affiliation and military information|
Petty Officer Unknown Class
- "That sounds like one heck of a mama. And you know what? I'm one heck of a mama myself!"
- — SPARTAN-1337 Response to the story of mama.
SPARTAN-1337 is a SPARTAN-II Commando of the UNSC Naval Special Warfare Command. He is the main character of Odd One Out, the non-canon and satirical interpretation of the Halo universe produced by Toei Animation for Halo Legends.
- Main article: Odd One Out
He is depicted as being extremely accident-prone and clumsy. All throughout Odd One Out, Spartan 1337 is quite cocky and confident in his abilities, despite his comical blundering.
Also, none of the inhabitants of planet Cronky are aware of his status as a SPARTAN-II: he introduces himself with great gusto which does nothing to clarify his rank or status as one of the self-proclaimed "strongest warriors in space".
- His SPARTAN tag, 1337, is a reference to the internet meme known as "1337" (leet), which uses numbers and symbols as letters. The tag itself is a leet speak version of the word "leet". The tag also refers to the number 7 (1+3+3=7).
- He is referred to as "Big Robot Man" by the inhabitants of the planet due to his bulky armor, which is a reference to the fact that some players new to Halo often see the SPARTANs as "Robots" and not "Augmented Humans".
- The Use of "1337" is also a hint towards his elite status as a SPARTAN as "1337" means "elite".
- Technically, there never could have been a 'SPARTAN 1337', as there were only 300 candidates, and many less than that survived the augmentations.
- It is possible that there was a mistake with SPARTAN-1337 and that he should be 136 or 138. However since Carris-137 is the 137th candidate, it is most likely that 1337 is Spartan 138 or that he simply changed it from a previous number to 1337.