A yellow avatar, Tall and rough, with the appearance of a World War II Pilot.
|Political information and functions|
- "Attention all hands. Prep for slipspace jump."
- — Roland before the Second Battle of Requiem
Roland is usually polite when he's bored, but when excited, he can become annoying, and particularly enjoys mocking SPARTAN Jared Miller. He has also been known to joke with Officers such as Sarah Palmer and Thomas Lasky whilst in a combat situation.
- Roland takes the appearance of an American bomber pilot during WWII.
- In the third Episode of Spartan Ops, Roland stated that he "could fly the Infinity without human aid'. This has been stated in various games and books that AI's are capable of this.
- Roland and Jared Miller appear to have a rivalry.
- Even though the Infinity has been the focus of several levels, Roland has not been seen or mentioned in the campaign. However, it's most likely that he was brought online in the six months between the First Battle of Requiem and the Second Battle of Requiem.
- Roland's override code phrase is "undid iridium".
- Curiously, Roland was able to resist the activation of his override code. He accomplished this by seemingly creating partitions of himself; similar to the way Cortana did, and then merging the copy to himself. This allowed him to gradually regain control over himself.