|Date of death||
|Chronological and political information|
- "Don't be spoiled, don't start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
- — Insurrectionist children's rhyme
Formerly an officer of the UNSC Marine Corps, Colonel Watts became a turncoat and a traitor some time before 2513, abandoning the military and joining the Eridanus Rebels. He led an insurrection in the Eridanus system, which lasted for a number of years. Soon, though, he and his forces were put down in a battle called Operation: TREBUCHET.
He eventually became the leader of the rebels and governor of the rebel stronghold of Eridanus Secundus. He ensured that his operation ran smoothly and that it remained relatively hidden from the UNSC. This all changed when one of his spies was discovered. In 2525, he was captured by a team of SPARTAN-IIs led by John-117, who sedated him using polypseudomorphine. They then brought Watts back to ONI for interrogation. It is likely he was executed for treason after the interrogations.
- Colonial Military Administration personnel, who by 2525 were often having their loyalty called into question, often pointed out that Watts was a former UNSC Marine, which resulted in many bar fights between CMA and UNSC Marines.
- Colonel Watts enjoyed luxury items, such as Sweet William Cigars, high-quality steaks, Beta Centauri vintage champagne, and Swiss chocolates. It was this vanity that helped the SPARTAN-II team quickly locate and secure him, by tagging the incoming delivery crates containing these items.
List of appearancesEdit
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: First Strike (Mentioned only)
- Halo: The Cole Protocol (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Dirt (Mentioned only)