| This article is about upcoming material. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.|
For more information, see the Citation Policy.
The Reclaimer Saga is the saga following Halo 3. The saga began with Halo 4, which was released on November 6, 2012. The saga will continue with Halo 5: Guardians in the fall of 2015 and Halo 6 sometime after.
- Main article: Halo 4
- “Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012.”— Official summary
In Halo 4, John-117 returns as the protagonist after three Halo games focusing on different characters. Having been lost in space in the finale of Halo 3, John-117 and Cortana, adrift aboard the wreckage of UNSC Forward Unto Dawn, find themselves near Requiem, the planet first seen in the Legendary ending of Halo 3.
Halo 5: GuardiansEdit
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians
Halo 5: Guardians is an upcoming Halo game first announced at E3 2011 and later revealed on May 16, 2014, to be released in the fall of 2015 for the Xbox One.
- Main article: Halo 6
- The Reclaimer Saga is the first set of games to introduce the Prometheans, artificial intelligences made by the Forerunners.
- The Reclaimer Saga was originally known as the Reclaimer Trilogy. However, according to Microsoft's Phil Spencer, Microsoft "expanded this to more of a saga, so we don't want to limit the Reclaimer story within a trilogy."
- The Halo 4 Limited Edition says "The Reclaimer Saga Begins" on the back of the sleeve.