|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
The Ranking System in Halo: Reach is based on Credits (cR) earned through Forge, Multiplayer, Campaign, Custom Games, and Firefight matches. Players earn Credits after every game and they can earn extra Credits for medals, kill streaks, victory bonuses, Commendations and Daily/Weekly challenges after completing a match
Credits earned towards a player's rank can be used to purchase various armor permutations from the Armory. Players can view some additional armor that they can't purchase at their current rank.
Playing online is the fastest way for players to earn Credits in either Campaign, Matchmaking, Custom Games, Forge, and Firefight. If an account has not been connected to Xbox LIVE, however, credits earned in any mode are significantly reduced from those awarded for playing online. Also, when playing online, you have access to challenges, the slot machine, and super jackpot weekend.
- As a lot of gamers will agree, the Warrant Officer Grades are the hardest to surpass; it sometimes takes gamers between 1–3 months (depending on how long they play per day/week) to get to Captain - unless you begin by getting Onyx commendations through the Splash Damage page, then getting to Captain will take less than a week.
- The Commander Grade 3 images above have no difference in cR gain or difference between the grade 3 images its just the first is only view able on the Bungie.net website
- To get 100% armory completion you have to be 60% through Eclipse.
- The GUNGNIR helmet's last attachment is available at the Mythic rank. It is the second to last helmet attachment available to buy (the Security helmet requires the rank of General, which is the last helmet found in the Armory - the last helmet attachment found in the Armory is for the Pilot helmet, which is known as Haunted).
- The Haunted helmet is available to Bungie employees at any rank but players can only obtain it once they purchase all helmets and reach the Inheritor rank.
- Additionally, the Haunted helmet has been given out to a select few non-Bungie employees, whom have not yet reached the Inheritor rank, through the Make A Wish foundation. These have been special gifts to sick, disabled and terminally ill kids who love to play Halo: Reach.
- Players can see every helmet base, left and right shoulder, chest, wrist, utility, visor color, knee guards, armor effect and firefight voice possibly purchasable at the rank of Brigadier.
- Players can see the Haunted attachment at Reclaimer, but still cannot unlock it until Inheritor.
- Captain is the hardest rank to achieve until you reach Commander Grade 3.
- The ranks after Lt. Colonel Grade 3 were unlocked on November 2, 2010 after the Halo: Reach community completed 117 million daily and weekly challenges combined.
- The Slot Machine reward was substantially increased on January 7, 2011, allowing for faster progression through the ranks.
- The daily credit limit was lifted from 120,000 to 200,000 in late January 2012.
- The higher your rank, the more credits you earn from the Game Complete reward (note that Game Complete is based on your current rank, the length of the game, and progression within the game - ie. wave(FF)/round(MP) number when the game ended).
- There are a total of 50 ranks available in Halo: Reach. The first is Recruit and the last rank is Inheritor. The 7 symbol ranks (44 - 50) reference the 7 symbols ranks of Halo 2 (44 - 50).
- If you add all the stars together in every rank that includes stars, they add up to 28, a possible 7 reference (7x4=28)
- Assuming an average progression in commendations & challenges, one needs to play approximately 9,000 games in Matchmaking to reach the rank of Inheritor.
- The insignia for Commander Grade 3 in-game is different than what it shows on someone's Bungie.net profile who's Commander Grade 3. The insignia shown in the above table is the Bungie.net insignia, in-game it is missing the double bars on the base.
- Players can obtain Inheritor rank in approximently 3 Months, by hitting their credit cap every single day.
- Field Marshal would be the last official military rank as it represents a 5 star general; some players refer to it as General Grade 5.
- All ranks after General Grade 4 are either titles of glory, astronomic events, or a Halo reference, such as Field Marshal.
- Super Jackpots have been added to all matchmaking playlists in the final two weeks before Halo 4 is released, and they were made much more frequent.
- ↑ complete rank list with photographs.
- ↑ Bungie.net: Evil Otto's FAQ ("If you want to unlock the haunted helmet, what you need to do is buy all helmet items in the armory to get it. It does not unlock until you reach the rank of inheritor.")
- ↑ Halo 2: ranks
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - The Halo Bulletin: 10.25.12