Ranger is a meta-game achievement in Halo 3 and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It is unlocked when the player earns 50,000 points while playing the meta-game on The Ark. This Achievement awards the player 10 Gamerpoints.
It is represented by a blue circle with a target in it, also known as the "Bullseye" emblem. It is probably called Ranger because the first section of the level focuses on sniping; a ranger acts as a scout of a larger military unit, often armed with mid-to-long range weapons, such as a sniper rifle, to benefit his or her role. The name of the achievement could also be derived from the fact that the Master Chief and the Marines are sent into their mission through the atmosphere. This would make them Rangers. Or, since The Ark is one of the longest levels in the game, the name could also refer to the long distances the player has to traverse.
- Activate the Tough Luck and Famine skulls, on Normal or Heroic difficulty. Try to score as many headshots as possible.
- On Normal, activate the Tough Luck, Fog, Famine, Thunderstorm, and Mythic skulls. Try to get lots of style points (for example, by sticking enemies, scoring headshots, etc.).
- On Normal, activate the Fog, Tough Luck, and Mythic skulls. Get many headshots and destroy all Phantoms and most other vehicles.
- In the Halo 3 Ultimate Guide Magazine, it is stated that you only need to earn 15,000 points to unlock this achievement, while you actually need to earn 50,000 points.
- Piggyback's Halo 3 Strategy Guide accidentally called this achievement the "Demon" achievement.