Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The High Prophetess of Obligation was a High Prophet during the 23rd Age of Doubt. She, along with the High Prophet of Restraint and the High Prophet of Tolerance, led the High Council of the Covenant until 2524.
One of the most beloved Prophets at the time, she gave birth to triplets in 2524. However, she fell victim to a political shakedown in the Covenant and had to step down from power. She was subsequently replaced by the High Prophets of Truth, Mercy, and Regret.
- As has happened with the High Prophets of Mercy, Regret, Truth and Restraint, their names have been an ironic counterpoint to reality. Following this pattern, Obligation presumably was a procrastinator and/or did not follow through on her required obligations. The then-Minister of Fortitude noted that her pregnancy had caused her to neglect some of her responsibilities.
- The Prophetess of Obligation is the only known female Hierarch in Covenant accounts, although other female Prophets have been mentioned in text, such as Truth's concubines and the female Prophet who had Regret's falsified kinfolk.
- The Prophetess of Obligation is one of only six female Covenant characters ever mentioned in the Halo Universe.
- The Minister of Fortitude was considering adding the Prophetess into his schemes as a third Hierarch at first but later reconsidered, thinking it to be a little too risky.
- She most likely died of old age or was killed by the Flood.