Hydroelectric plants like this one provide clean, sustainable energy for the inhabitants of Reach.
Powerhouse is an asymmetrical multiplayer map appearing in Halo: Reach. It is set in a hydroelectric facility on planet Reach formerly utilized to provide alternative power supply to the rural settlers nearby, but was repurposed to support the military war efforts. The map is primarily designed for 4v4 gametypes.
- Concrete Hall
- Concrete Path
- Dirt Path
- Dormitory Roof
- Green Residence
- Green Roof
- Powerhouse 1st Floor
- Powerhouse 2nd Floor
- Rock Garden
- Vaya Con Dios!
- Water Tank
- The Rocket launcher is located in the Spillway, under the bridges between the Powerhouse and the Boiler.
- The Focus Rifle is located in the Yard, between the Powerhouse and the Dormitory, immediately below the Ridge. A Sniper Rifle replaces the Focus Rifle in certain gametypes such as 1-Flag CTF.
- The Grenade Launcher is located in a shower stall of the Lockers below the Office.
- The Shotgun is located on the Cliffside near the Dormitory on the opposite side from the Ridge near Blue Team's spawn.
- The Gravity Hammer is located in the Shed above the Cliffside.
- The map was known as "Settlement" during development.
- Like almost all Halo: Reach multiplayer maps, the map is included in the Campaign, although the Campaign level takes place at night instead of day in the level Nightfall.
- If a player stands near the computer in Green Residence, a whine like a malfunctioning computer can be heard.
- The bridge which you cross to get to the map in the campaign mission, Nightfall, is out and appears to be destroyed in the multiplayer map.
- In Forge, you can change the color of the dumpster, pallet, and large pallet.