Some UNSC combat facilities have been integrated into the War Games due to their extraordinary tactical utility.
Pitfall stays true to its original layout, remaining a medium-sized symmetrical map. However, it also contained updated features, such as strategically placed crates and ledges that provide increased pace and flow. Pitfall has the setting of an abandoned UNSC training facility with battle remnants outside. The Pit has a similar setting except it is located in central Africa and is not in disrepair.
Changes from The Pit
- Crates have been added, allowing players to get to the platform outside the flag room from the floor (of both the flag room and the rest of the map).
- A gravity lift has been added from the overshield alley to the door of the sword room.
- A hole has been added from the sword room, which drops down into the middle exit from the tunnel.
- The outside area been replaced with a razed planet, while the interior's theme has changed little with the graphics update aside from having sand added.
- There are no longer the small ledges that can be found next to the sword room ramps in the original.