|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
|This article is in need of more images and/or better quality pictures in order to achieve a higher status. You can help Halo Nation by uploading better images on this page.|
|Halo Nation does not currently have a map of this level. Could you create one?|
- “The Covenant have harnessed the waters of this moon to refuel their massive supercarriers.”— Halo Waypoint - Halo Bulletin 11/9/11
Penance is a Covenant dam built to control the waterflow of a waterfall on Buwan in order to provide fuel for the Covenant Navy. The map is still enclosed but not quite as much as the original. The area with the outstretched catwalks now hangs over a long fall to the bottom of the waterfall. The majority of the map has high rock faces leading up to the dam itself.
Changes from DamnationEdit
- The ladder has been replaced with a gravity lift.
- A gravity lift has been added in the room opposite the waterfall walkway from red base.
- The platforms in the large waterfall room have been connected, both at their bases and at their ends.
- The wall seperating the base of the 'prongs' in the main room from the rocket spawn can be scaled by crouch jumping.
- After a certain amount of time (varies and takes a while (5+ minutes) an Unggoy in a barrel will fall from the center waterfall. It can be interacted with and can also be taken to other parts of the map with the aid of Forge.
- There is a GRD Doll on this level, just like the other six maps from the Anniversary map pack. There is a button near the Blue Team spawn, pressing the action button will activate the button. This will cause the toy of a UNSC Spartan-III to appear, wearing the secret helmet featured in the Defiant map pack trailer.
- 343 Guilty Spark can sometimes spawn at one point during a match, fly swiftly and then explode.
- Blue and purple polyp-like creatures can be found in the waterfall chamber, anchored to the wall. Every so often, one will glow and make sudden movements, as if to catch food out of the moisture. These cannot be interacted with, and any bullets or Spartans to touch them will go right through them as if they are not there.
- An old picture of Damnation can be seen at the back of the pipes where the walls filled with the polyp-like creatures are located. You can easily view this in Forge.