"Pelican" is the name applied to a series of dropships operated by the UNSC Marine Corps, the UNSC Navy, and the New Mombasa Police Department. Beginning service before 2501, most Pelicans are equipped with 70mm Chain Guns and rockets mounted under their wings. They can also carry a Warthog, Scorpion tank or Resupply Canisters attached to their tails.
Known models include the following:
- D77-TC Pelican Dropship - The variant operated prior to and during most of 2552.
- D77H-TCI Pelican Dropship - The newer variant of the D77 Pelican, first seen in November 2552.
- D77C-NMPD Pelican Dropship - The Civilian Security Force variant of the Pelican Dropship, used by the NMPD.
- D79H-TC Pelican Dropship - The Pelican variant in use by July 2557.
- G79H-TC/MA Pelican Gunship - The gunship variant of the D79.
- This is a disambiguation page - a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole", page 450
- ↑ August, 2008, Halo Story Page. Frank O'Connor/Robert McLees interview. Accessed on 2008-04-12