Paul Russel was born in 1967 in Chicago, Illinois, USA. He lived there until moving to Washington state. He served as an Environment Artist for Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. After working at Bungie for just under 12 years, Russel left the company in August 2010 and joined Certain Affinity in Austin, TX, from May 2011 to May 2012. His current whereabouts are unknown.
- Halo 4 (2012), Certain Affinity (special thanks)
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (2011), Certain Affinity
- Halo Reach (2010), Microsoft Game Studios.
- Halo 3: ODST (2009), Microsoft Game Studios.
- Halo 3: Legendary map pack (2008), Microsoft Game Studios.
- Halo 3 (2007), Microsoft Game Studios.
- Halo 2: Multiplayer map pack (2005), Microsoft Game Studios.
- Halo 2 (2004), Microsoft Game Studios.
- Halo: Combat Evolved (2001), Microsoft Game Studios.
- Tempest X3 (1996), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- Eight games at High Voltage software, two of them uncredited, another three unreleased.
- He came up with the title "Halo."
- Paul is largely responsible for the Forerunner and Human military architectural styles in the Halo series.
- He does not like being called "The Forerunner guy."
- He has been said to be "the father of Halo."
- The Earth Secretary of Defense during the Battle of Earth was named Paul Murphy Russel.