Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
Hope rises through desert skies like a phoenix from the ashes of shattered dreams.
Altar is a Forge map in Halo 5: Guardians built by WyvernZu on the map Parallax. It is a remake of Sandtrap from Halo 3 albeit modified to function better with Halo 5's sandbox and movement options. It was selected by the community cartographers for addition into the multiplayer matchmaking Big Team Battle playlist.
Changes from SandtrapEdit
- The weapon, grenade and vehicle placements have been overhauled.
- Both Elephants have been removed from the map.
- Several vehicle-sized tunnels have been added around the map, two of which are located behind each base.
- Both teams' bases have been completely revamped to function better given the lack of Elephants, only appearing familiar at face value.
- The crashed Albatross has been removed and replaced with a small UNSC bunker, similar to the one seen on Turf
- Minor geometry changes have been made to the central structure to provide more cover and movement options for infantry seeking to evade vehicles.
- Some of the structure that was previously buried in sand has been excavated to allow entrance to them.
- The Banshee now sits atop a podium, and the crashed Phantom has been removed.
- A crashed Pelican has been added nearby the Banshee, which serves as cover for the spawn point of the Spartan Laser.
- An Anti-Air Shade Turret has been added nearby the SPNKr Rocket Launcher spawn point.
- In Strongholds matches, the Nest area becomes a fortified UNSC encampment, complete with barricades and three Drop Pods.
- In any game mode but Slayer, a hard light light bridge appears, connecting Red Base to Top Mid.
- The structures have now been coloured a cleaner pale cream with golden accents, rather than the dirty, decrepit orange stone texture of the original map.
- A version of this map exists which is completely true to the original map with no alterations whatsoever, created by the same author. It is simply entitled "Sandtrap".