PFR, or Plasma, Frag, Rocket, is the act of throwing a Plasma Grenade, then throwing a Frag Grenade, and last shooting a rocket, consecutively at the same area of ground. You can use this to send yourself, another player, or a vehicle flying very far in either Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2.
- At least one Frag Grenade.
- At least one Plasma Grenade.
- A Rocket launcher.
- A light vehicle. (Optional)
Method (Halo:Combat Evolved and Halo 2)Edit
- Take aim under the object you wish to launch
- If launching a player, be sure not to aim straight down to avoid sticking yourself
- Throw a plasma, and while the throw animation is occurring, press the grenade-change button
- Tap the throw-grenade button to throw a frag as quickly as possible.
- Tap the fire button to shoot a rocket as quickly as possible.
- If launching a player, the player should jump at about the same time as firing the rocket.
- See how high you fly.
In order to do this you need customized shielding (Halo: Combat Evolved) or an Overshield (Halo 2). In Halo 2, this can be harder to do since the time to throw a grenade after another is longer than in Halo: Combat Evolved.
There are several ledges and places you can get to by doing this. On the Halo: Combat Evolved multi-player map Blood Gulch for example, if you do this with 400% shielding on, you can reach the top of the cliff pillar near the blue base. Just make sure your "willing" victim knows when you are going to do it.