Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “Need immediate medical assistance? Choose Optican! Fast, accurate diagnosis, or your money back.”
Optican produces a variety of medical equipment, including test instruments such as eye charts.
Medigel is a healing agent produced by Optican. It is advanced enough to heal varying kinds of wounds, from blunt trauma to plasma burns. Every pack of MediGel has a five steps on how to apply the gel:
- Clean area around the wound before applying gel.
- Dispense gel by pressing button below.
- Rub gel into wounded area for thirty seconds.
- Gel will heal most wounds within five minutes of application.
- If wound is not healed within specified time seek medical help.
MediGel is both similar and different to biofoam. They both have healing properties and are used in cases where medics are not available. But, unlike BioFoam, MediGel does not pack or put pressure on the wound. Also, being a civilian product, it is likely that MediGel does not cause the pain that BioFoam does. BioFoam is applied in a manner similar to whipped cream, whilst Medigel is rubbed onto a wound, bruise or burn.
Health kits Edit
Optican Health kits are portable MediGel containers, and can be used to replenish the health of the user in an emergency situation.
First Aid Stations Edit
First Aid Stations are fixed terminals with two sockets for Health kits. These stations were plentiful in the city of New Mombasa during 2552. They promise to give an accurate diagnosis, or refund the customer.
Statenizol is a recently developed, mood-settling drug produced by Optican.
- Optican was first featured in the I Love Bees alternate reality game, and later much more prominently in Halo 3: ODST.
- According to an ad of theirs, Optican had more outlets in Africa than any other healthcare provider.
- The following note was sent to the UNSC personnel stationed in Mombasa during the Battle of Mombasa: ATTENTION ALL UNSC PERSONNEL: Due to the ongoing evacuation efforts all health care personnel have been relocated to the Mombasa Quays area until which time they can be disembarked on outbound sea craft. In the unlikely event that you become separated from your unit or cannot contact a medic look for one of the many Optican™ MediGel™ First Aid stations around the city.
- The product Statenizol appears to have been named after Bungie employee Joseph Staten.