Using the 3-letter code used to classify Covenant ships, "O" ("Ordained") indicates that the cruiser has been improved with Forerunner technology, specifically, a weapons core. The "R" ("Reverence") indicates that the cruiser is capable of conducting reconnaissance missions and is capable of excavating Forerunner artifacts. The "S" ("Salvation") indicates that the cruiser is a dedicated warship with a pair of energy projectors.
Boasting sophisticated stealth technology, an energy projector and plasma turrets, the ORS is more powerful than most cruisers used by the Covenant. Despite this, the ships in the class are difficult to operate due to their age. Often scribes are needed on ship bridges in order to translate ancient Sangheili dialects.
The ORS-class carries a number of troops including 400 Obedientaries, 6,000 Warriors, and 8,500 Thralls.
The crew of an ORS-class is 16 Superiors, 70 Engineers and 1,200 Menials. These crew members were hand selected.
Ships of the LineEdit
- The ORS combines design elements from the CCS-class battlecruiser, SDV-class heavy corvette and the CSO-class supercarrier, and was originally designed to be the CCS' big brother while still paying homage to the CAS-class assault carrier, which is identical to the CSO, providing a visual link between multiple carriers in terms of size.
Renders and Size ComparisonsEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - pages 64 & 65
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 41
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Catalog Interaction - Page 14
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Have S'Moa
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo Waypoint - In the Loop