Early Sangheili HistoryEdit
Thousands of years before the Human-Covenant war, the Guardian was found off the coast of Nuusra by Sangheili dive-hunters. This site was deemed sacred by Elders and a series of stone fortresses were built on the coast of Nuusra in order to worship and protect it. Centuries later a new city, Sunaion was built over the site directly.
With this new city, much of these coastal structures fell into disrepair.
- Main article: Blooding Years
On October 27, 2558, 'Mdama's Covenant attempted to assassinate Thel 'Vadam who was in Nuusra at the time. With the help of Fireteam Osiris, 'Mdama's Covenant was driven off. That night, the Swords retaliated by striking Sunaion and destroying 'Mdama's Covenant.
The upper reaches of Nuusra were a barren mountainous region occasionally perforated with rivers and water falls that lead into the Csurdon Sea. Shrubs, trees, and vines also grow within the region. A number of species were native to this region including the Kryn'Qodon and the Orzil.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Fauna Getaway
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Halo Waypoint: Universe - Sunaion
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Alliance
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Swords of Sanghelios
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Battle of Sunaion
- ↑ Halo: Legacy of Onyx - Chapter 20, Page ???