|There is more information available on this subject at Nuclear weapon on the English Wikipedia.|
A nuclear weapon is a type of ordnance using nuclear fission and/or fusion as a source of energy. The yield of a Nuclear weapon is measured in the number of tons of "TNT" needed to generate an explosion of similar proportions.
An operational idiosyncrasy of nuclear weapons was the result of containing fissile material. Fissile material emitted a readily detectable Čerenkov Radiation signature upon exiting slipspace that negated stealth measures, NOT to be confused with atom bomb.
UNSC Nuclear OrdnanceEdit
The UNSC employs a range of nuclear ordnance.
FENRIS Nuclear WarheadEdit
- Main article: FENRIS Nuclear Warhead
Medium Fusion Destructive DeviceEdit
- Main article: Medium Fusion Destructive Device
The MFDD is a tactical nuclear device with a yield of approximately 15 kilotons. Due to their apparent similarities, the MFDD may actually be related to the Fury nuke.
Fury Tactical Nuclear WeaponEdit
- Main article: Fury Tactical Nuclear Weapon
The Fury is a rugby ball-sized device with a yield slightly less than a megaton. It is extremely clean. It is the "closest thing the UNSC has to a nuclear grenade".
HAVOK Nuclear WarheadEdit
- Main article: HAVOK Nuclear Warhead
- Main article: HORNET Mine
- Main article: NOVA Bomb
The NOVA is a strategic device, and undoubtedly humanity's most powerful weapon. It consists of 9 nuclear warheads encased in a lithium triteride shell, which is compressed during detonation, boosting the yield "a hundred-fold". A single NOVA has enough power to cause complete devastation on a planetary scale, and can destroy orbiting moons and Naval fleets.
Shiva-class Nuclear MissileEdit
- Main article: Shiva-class Nuclear Missile
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Chapter 22, page ??
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Chapter 1, page ??
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Chapter 23, page ??
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Chapter 24, page ??
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, Chapter 39, page ??
- ↑ Halo: Reach: Deliver Hope trailer
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, Chapter 1, page ??
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 200
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 212
- ↑ Halo Wars: Genesis, page 17
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 325
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, page 180
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 244
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, pages 147, 322-324
- ↑ Halo: The Cole Protocol, page ??
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page ??