- On almost every control panel in the armory, there is at least one screen with the message:
CODED MESSAGE:WU 1120 REJECTED BY ADMINISTRATOR REV. PAIN MAY CONTAIN HARMFUL CONTENT. RESULTANT PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE ACTION: CENSORED
- "Rev. Pain" is the player name for one of Halo's creators from Bungie studios.
- The "Wu" may refer to Louis Wu, the alias of the admin of halo.bungie.org or also the protagonist in the science fiction story "Ringworld" by Larry Niven, which shares many of Halo's themes.
- On the Control Panel in the corner of the room, behind the armor plates, there are two lines of ten blinking lamps. Over and between them is some really small text. On the top of the first line, the message says "FUSION GRID STATUS," and on top of the second line it says "BLINKING LIGHT SIMULATOR."
- If you look at the different boxes you can find some interesting items, like Marine Boots, a mobile turret of similar design to the one Sgt. Johnson carries at the start of Cairo Station (before the "Home Field Advantage" part), and even some meals.