- “You know as well as I do that we wind up with some that she would have chosen - not just kids unlucky enough to survive a glassing. Orders are still being followed and those Spartans are in the field, but they are armed as SPARTANs - and they are making a difference.”
Noble Team (occasionally stylized as NOBLE Team), sometimes referred to as Team Noble or simply Noble, was a special fireteam sized unit of the UNSC Special Warfare Command Group Three, composed mostly of SPARTAN-III supersoldiers and one SPARTAN-II commando as of 2552.
Noble Team was primarily composed of SPARTAN-IIIs pulled out of their main companies by Kurt-051 and Franklin Mendez before large-scale operations where the companies were mostly wiped out, Operation: PROMETHEUS in the case of Alpha Company and Operation: TORPEDO with Beta Company.
Prior to the Fall of Reach, Noble Team had managed to survive countless battles, always coming back from suicide assignments, but not without a cost: only two members of the original team, Carter and Kat, remained alive by 2552.
Noble Team also operated with non-Spartan military personnel more extensively than other Spartan teams. To grant them more operational freedom when interacting with military personnel, the members of Noble Team had been given higher ranks than most Spartans by their CO. In 2552, the team was under the command of Colonel Urban Holland of the UNSC Army.
The SPARTAN-IIIs of Noble Team utilized equipment on par with the SPARTAN-IIs, such as the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor, which is far more advanced than the cheaper SPI armor worn by the rest of the SPARTAN-IIIs. The team was issued with the Mark V MJOLNIR armor on November 24, 2551. Unlike the mainline SPARTAN-IIs, whose armor was fairly uniform in coloration, the members of Noble Team sported a variety of color schemes and field-customized armor variants.
When Reach was deemed lost, and there was no hope of saving it, Noble Team ensured that humanity would have a fighting chance against the Covenant and future enemies by delivering a high priority package to Captain Keyes and making sure the Pillar of Autumn escaped intact with it. Three members of the team gave their lives for the mission, leaving only one member of the team still alive as the other two died during the Fall of Reach.
Deceased members from the Fall of Reach
- Commander Carter-A259 (Noble One) - A no-nonsense soldier, Carter served as the leader of Noble Team. Listed MIA. Confirmed KIA in an intentional Pelican crash during the Fall of Reach.
- Lieutenant Commander Catherine-B320 (Noble Two) - Carter's curious and intrepid second-in-command, Kat served as the intelligence specialist. Listed MIA. Confirmed KIA by a Needle Rifle during the Fall of Reach.
- Warrant Officer Emile-A239 (Noble Four) - A bold and aggressive Spartan, Emile was the assault specialist of the team. Listed MIA. Confirmed KIA by Energy Sword of Sangheili Zealots during the Fall of Reach.
- Chief Warrant Officer Jorge-052 (Noble Five) - The only Spartan-II on the team, Jorge and his "humane" personality served as the team's heavy weapons specialist. Listed MIA/KIA during Operation: UPPER CUT.
- Lieutenant SPARTAN-B312 (Noble Six) - The protagonist of Halo: Reach. A new addition to the team, this Spartan's background is mostly unknown. They have no specified role, known only as the team's 'Hyper-Lethal Vector' Listed MIA. Confirmed KIA by Sangheili warriors sometime towards the end of the Fall of Reach.
Other Spartans were constantly kept on rotation for the team, including SPARTAN-344, who would take Emile's place in the case of a counterinsurgency operation. When one member fell in the line of duty, a new SPARTAN would be brought in as a replacement.
Known former members
- Thom-A293 (Former Noble Six) - Killed destroying a Covenant CCS-class battlecruiser on April 22, 2552 during the Battle of Fumirole and replaced with SPARTAN-B312 immediately prior to the Fall of Reach.
- Rosenda-A344 (Noble Four replacement) - Emile-A239's replacement if another Insurrectionist operation comes up. Her current status is unknown.
- Warrant Officer Jun-A266 (Noble Three) - A thoughtful and taciturn soldier, Jun served as the sniper of Noble Team. Jun is confirmed to be alive and help handpick the very first SPARTAN-IV. 
- The flag in the Capture the Flag mode in Halo: Reach bears the emblem of Noble Team.
- Some gameplay footage for HALO 4 at PAX Prime (August 31-September 2, 2012) shown a skin for the DMR that shows the Noble Team logo (shortened as NBL). It can be earned by achieving the Wetwork specialization.
- The voices of each Noble Team member can be purchased for use in Halo: Reach's Firefight mode.
- McFarlane Toys created an action figure figure known as Noble Seven for Comic Con 2010. Although no such member exists, according to McFarlane, they were allowed by Bungie to create the unique action figure.
- Noble Team was originally supposed to have two more members in Halo: Reach: the "sassy" Rosenda-A344 and the "cowboy-like" Thom-A293. Both were later reduced to background characters, with Thom being a former deceased member and Rosenda serving as a potential replacement for Emile in a counter-insurgency operation.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bungie.net: Communique from Kurt to Mendez
- ↑ Bungie.net: Bungie Weekly Update 12/11/09
- ↑ GameInformer February 2010 issue
- ↑ Bungie.net: Bungie Weekly Update: 01.29.10
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Bungie.net: NOBLE TEAM PERFORMANCE REPORTS
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Halo: Reach, campaign level The Pillar of Autumn
- ↑ Halo: Reach, campaign level New Alexandria
- ↑ Halo: Reach, campaign level Long Night of Solace
- ↑ Halo: Reach, campaign level Lone Wolf
- ↑ Bungie.net: Kat-B320 Personnel Profile - "Eventually I hope to be able to get it through their thick Spartan skulls that Thom is dead because he chose to pursue a group of enemy combatants ON HIS OWN rather than wait for backup."
- ↑ Xbox.com – Sarah Palmer Avatar Armor description
- ↑ Halo: Initiation
- ↑ Bungie.net: Bungie Weekly Update: 07.16.10
- ↑ Spawn.com: Noble Seven Leads the Charge This July
- ↑ YouTube: PAX 2010: Bungie Halo: Reach Panel (Part 2)