New Carthage was founded at some point before 2553. Despite its size and doubtlessly considerable contributions to the war effort, New Carthage survived the Human-Covenant war unscathed. In 2558 one of the energy reactors for the city of Pilvros became highly unstable, forcing the entire city to be evacuated.
Corporations on PlanetEdit
Some corporations have decided to call New Carthage home either through building office buildings or industrial complexes. These are the known ones:
It soon became a thriving colony, with a large civilian population. The planet was home to many large cities, including the metropolis of Pilvros and the industrial center of Kotka.
Ground Locations Edit
Known Residents Edit
- Despite its North African namesake, it is likely that the original colonists of New Carthage were of Finnish descent, as several locations on the planet bear Finnish names.
- At least one of the countries on New Carthage was Pori, home to the military testing facility at Kotka, where numerous MJOLNIR variants were tested after the war.
- Hannibal Weapon Systems has its home on New Carthage, obviously a nod to the most distinguished leader of the original Carthage, General Hannibal.
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- ↑ The existence of the Orbital Defense Platforms show that New Carthage was most likely an inner-colony.
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Perdition Screenshot Gallery "...hidden below the sky-high city of Pilvros this dangerous secret: One of the reactors is failing, and the entire city is now under evacuation..."
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Perdition Screenshot Gallery "New Carthage has always been a shining example of a healthy, growing colony..."
- ↑ IGN Daily Fix: Halo 4 Details
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Driving Force
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Henry Glassman
- ↑ Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 Interactive Guide, Armor Types, Armor Descriptions