August 23, 2552
- Main article: Raid on New Alexandria
The city first came under attack by the Covenant during the Fall of Reach on August 18th, 2552. In the daylight hours of August 23rd, during the Evacuation of New Alexandria, the city was defended by the UNSC Army, ODSTs, and SPARTAN-B312.
During the night hours of August 23rd, the units 4 Charlie 27, 7 Delta 19 along with another unit were tasked with destroying Covenant Communications Jammers throughout the city. After Noble Six's assistance, civilian transports successfully evacuated the city.
Most of the city was ultimately glassed by the Covenant.
The general terrain of New Alexandria really decides how it's architecture is. It forces the general design to be focused more on flowing structures. Many lower storied buildings face's slant upwards along the hill that it is usually built onto. Many plazas are built onto buildings that have many benches and planters and trees. Some roofs had entire greenspaces on them. Skyscrapers soar up and around the city creating a large skyline. The most common two colours applied most buildings in the city are grayish/white and blackish/blue. Blackish/blue applies to the glass that appears on almost all of the buildings in the city. The grayish/white applies to the metal and concrete used for the construction of the buildings
The main form of transit in New Alexandria is walking as there are huge amounts of pedestrian infrastructure built for it, such as the Concourses. As well there is a MagLev system that wraps around the city. So far, no roads have been seen so far in the city. There does appear to be some sort of boat transport from the city (at least for goods) as there are docks at the base of the Traxus Tower. Three space elevators were located near the city.
- Caracalla Park
- New Alexandria Concourse
- New Alexandria Cargo Port
- New Alexandria Hospital
- New Alexandria Starport
- Fleet Command Headquarters
- Sinoviet Center
- Traxus Tower
- Vyrant Telecom Tower
- Nomolos Tower
- Mainz Träger Headquarters
- Misriah Complex
- Jotun Headquarters
- DNBM Financial Tower
- The city of New Alexandria is most likely named after the Egyptian city of Alexandria which was the location of a very large library.
- The city of New Alexandria is featured in the levels Exodus and New Alexandria in Halo: Reach.
- The metropolitan area of New Alexandria spans about 15 km x 6 km, making it a total of about 90 km2, albeit most of this is not exploratory due to game restrictions.
- The packaging of the Halo: Reach Legendary Edition states that the statue enclosed inside is a replica of the war memorial in New Alexandria, indicating the city being rebuilt during recolonization. This is also supported by the fact that many of its inhabitants left the city before the glassing and may have returned to rebuild it.
- The city is never confirmed to have been completely glassed, as the area around the playable portion of the level is still intact even with the most recent bombardment at the end of the level, because several cruisers left mid-level it is likely that the Covenant were finishing their involvement with the city.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo: Reach level New Alexandria
- ↑ Youtube.com: Halo: Reach Firefight 2.0 Gameplay
- ↑ Halo: Reach level Exodus - "City's been under siege for the last five days. Thought we had it in hand, then those corvettes showed up."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Halo: Reach, level Exodus
- ↑ Halo: Reach Legendary Edition - Journal Package Letter
- ↑ Halo: Reach, Boardwalk
- ↑ YouTube: E3 2010 Firefight 2.0 Beachhead Gameplay