- Main article: Raid on New Alexandria
The city first came under attack by the Covenant during the Fall of Reach on August 18, 2552. In the daylight hours of August 23, during the Evacuation of New Alexandria, the city was defended by the UNSC Army, ODSTs, and SPARTAN-B312.
During the night hours of August 23, the units 4 Charlie 27, 7 Delta 19 along with another unit were tasked with destroying Covenant Communications Jammers throughout the city. After Noble Six's assistance, civilian transports successfully evacuated the city.
Most of the city was ultimately glassed by the Covenant.
The main form of transit in New Alexandria is walking as there are huge amounts of pedestrian infrastructure built for it, such as the Concourses. There is also a MagLev system that wraps around the city. So far, no roads have been seen in the city. Aquatic transportation is, in some form, prominent in the city (at least for goods) as there are docks at the base of the Traxus Tower. Three space elevators were located near the city. Aerospace travel seemed to be a regular form of transportation as Club Errera had landing pads.
The general terrain of New Alexandria decided how it's architecture was formed. It forced the general design to be focused more on flowing structures. Many lower storied buildings face's slanted upwards along the hill that it was usually built onto. This seems to influence the logo for the city.
Many plazas that were built onto buildings had many benches and planters and trees. Some roofs had entire greenspaces on them. Skyscrapers soared up and around the city, creating a very large skyline.
The most common two colours applied to most buildings are grayish/white and blackish/blue. Blackish/blue was the main colour of the glass that appears on almost all of the buildings in the city. The grayish/white applies to the metal used for the buildings and structures.
- Caracalla Park
- New Alexandria Concourse
- New Alexandria Cargo Port
- New Alexandria Hospital
- New Alexandria Starport
- Fleet Command Headquarters
- Sinoviet Center
- Traxus Tower
- Vyrant Telecom Tower
- Nomolos Tower
- Mainz Träger Headquarters
- Misriah Complex
- Jotun Headquarters
- DNBM Financial Tower
- The city of New Alexandria is most likely named after the Egyptian city of Alexandria which was the location of a very large library.
- The city of New Alexandria is featured in the levels Exodus and New Alexandria in Halo: Reach.
- The metropolitan area of New Alexandria spans about 15 km x 6 km, making it a total of about 90 km2, albeit most of this is not exploratory due to game restrictions.
- The packaging of the Halo: Reach Legendary Edition states that the statue enclosed inside is a replica of the war memorial in New Alexandria, indicating the city being rebuilt during recolonization. This is also supported by the fact that many of its inhabitants left the city before the glassing and may have returned to rebuild it.
- The city is never confirmed to have been completely glassed, as the area around the playable portion of the level is still intact even with the most recent bombardment at the end of the level, because several cruisers left mid-level it is likely that the Covenant were finishing their involvement with the city.
Siege of New AlexandriaEdit
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo: Reach level New Alexandria
- ↑ Youtube.com: Halo: Reach Firefight 2.0 Gameplay
- ↑ Halo: Reach level Exodus - "City's been under siege for the last five days. Thought we had it in hand, then those corvettes showed up."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Halo: Reach level Exodus
- ↑ Halo: Reach Legendary Edition - Journal Package Letter
- ↑ Halo: Reach, Boardwalk
- ↑ YouTube: E3 2010 Firefight 2.0 Beachhead Gameplay