The Napalm grenade was a type of incendiary grenade used by UNSC forces during 2552. They were used by Colonel James Ackerson in testing the MJOLNIR Mark V armor on Reach, hidden amongst the Pillars of Loki and used in conjunction with Sonic grenades.
Napalm was developed by the United States of America during World War II. It is a mixture of chemicals which, when mixed with gasoline and compressed, makes a sticky incendiary gel. The name is a combination of its original ingredient's names: aluminum salts of naphthenic and palmitic acids. The name has since evolved to mean any substance that causes intense fires upon ignition.
Halo: Spartan AssaultEdit
- Main article: Halo: Spartan Assault
- It is best used against groups of enemies.
- It is very effective at area denial.
- In the co-op missions, when used against combat forms, they will also kill all infection forms that bursts from its chest upon its death.
- Despite being able to easily take out groups of infection forms, using it against them is a waste.
- In Power Net, it does very little damage to the power cores and so it is better used on enemies.