Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Moa were an extraterrestrial species native to Reach. They are large flightless xeno-avians that resemble extinct Earth-based Moa. They seem to have feathered bodies and scales from the neck up, leading up to a very lizard-like head.
The Moa appear as ambient life in Halo: Reach. The Moa are harmless and will not attack the player. They will take shelter under bridges and other formations when there is a battle nearby. Neither human nor Covenant NPCs are hostile towards the Moa, although if the player kills one while near a member of Noble Team, they will sometimes comment as if an enemy had been killed.
The first time that Moa are encountered in Halo: Reach is when several run around a corner in an early part of the mission Winter Contingency before contact with the Covenant, causing many players to shoot and kill the birds by accident. They are once again and lastly seen in Nightfall, shortly after fighting the two Gúta.
- Killing seven Moa in the mission Winter Contingency unlocks the achievement KEEP IT CLEAN.
- The price of a Moa Burger is 7.77 cR.
- According to the Halo: Reach Legendary Edition developer commentary, Kat was originally supposed to laugh when you kill any Moa. This was cut to avoid controversy over animal cruelty.
- According to the Halo: Reach Legendary Edition developer commentary, Moas were originally able to be rode and used for jousting. This was also cut from the final game.
- Halo: Reach Daily Challenges sometimes include killing Moa for a credit reward.
- Every time a player kills a Moa, they will be given the medal H. Ryan Memorial on Bungie.net.
- Vending machines selling Moa wings can be seen on some multiplayer maps like Reflection.
- On the Halo Reach mission Nightfall, they can be found sleeping.
- Not all Moa died out with the destruction of Reach. One thriving population can be found on the colony world Gannick 22.
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)