Rare ICARUS helmets are designed around the practical needs and tactical challenges of dynamic, high-threat combat actuation within cluttered and complex aerospace kill boxes.
— Helmet description
- The Icarus body armor is the only customization option that is banned from use in the Halo World Championship due to various audio and visual issues with said body armor piece; when the body armor is used, the stabilization jets make no noise when stabilizing mid-air, the player's ground pound wind up is noticeably very quiet, and that the player's secondary weapon would not be shown slung onto a player's back. However, using the helmet is still allowed. The issues have since been fixed but the armor remains banned.
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Cannon Fodder: Bounty Hunters
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Monitor's Bounty Preview
- ↑ YouTube - Halo 5 - Icarus Armor Glitch That Is Banned?!
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Icarus Armor Update