- “Predecessor to current MJOLNIR/C variant; less rigid design allows for field upgrades”— Description of the CQC helmet
Entering service in 2548, the CQC was the predecessor to the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor/C variant, or "CQB." However, its design is less rigid, making field upgrades easier. The CQC helmet is standard equipment for missions involving close-quarters combat, including boarding actions and urban operations. The CQC variant also includes an "Assault/CQC" chest carriage configuration, which contains two large storage pouches attached to the armor's chest plate, which is now the Assault/Commando Chest Piece.
The helmet has two available upgrades, one with the CBRN breathing tubes for hazard zones, and an up-armoured (UA) Variant with a Hardened Uplink (HUL) .
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- ↑ IGN Video: Halo: Reach Xbox 360 Video - The Armory Video
- ↑ Bungie.net: Armor customization image
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo: Reach Armory description