Entered service in 2535; the Mjolnir/AA variant is exclusive to Army airborne units.
It was first introduced for the Mark IV line of armor in 2535 following testing at the Siófok Firing Range and again in 2551 for the Mark V. The AA variant was originally developed for the UNSC Army's airborne division and incorporates specialized optics along with a head's-up display capable of showing real-time satellite imagery and other information useful for operating in an airborne scenario. Ushuaia's considerable involvement in the UNSC Marine Corps' BDU is the reason the AA variant shares similarities with ODST battle armor. The helmet was used by Kat-B320.
After Reach and Ushuaia was destroyed, the designs were given over to Naphtali Contractor Corporation. It was used by ONI security forces stationed on Skyhooks above both Earth and Luna during the Battle of Earth.
A GEN2 variant of the armor was then quickly prepared for SPARTAN-IV operators. This variant was tested in the Buffalo Breaker Yards and in Mindoro, Cascade. The armor met all the strictures for groundside combat as laid out by the Damascus Ordnance Commission. The GEN2 helmet was marketed to the UNSC Army special forces, and the suit itself was considered for unaugmented members of Delta-Six.
The Air Assault armor was designed to protect the wearer when they were deployed to suborbital facilities like Skyhooks and Space elevators. The helmet also had a number of possible attachments, including an extra piece of armor, a command network module, and a hardened uplink.
There are three variants of the Air Assault helmet: BASE (primary), UA/CNM (secondary) and FC-I (tertiary) as with all helmets in Halo: Reach. Each helmet has respective prerequisites although players must buy each helmet in a succession before the next can be purchased.
|Entered service in 2535; the Mjolnir/AA variant is exclusive to Army airborne units.||15,000 cR||Warrant Officer||None|
|Up-armored variant with command network module.||7,500 cR||Warrant Officer||AA BASE|
|Command network module-improved; external hardened uplink. A favorite of Pathfinder units.|
|Warrant Officer||AA BASE & UA/CNM|
Halo 4 Edit
- “In late 2552, as the Covenant lay siege to humanity's home system, ONI security personnel were deployed with AIR ASSAULT-class armor. The goal was simple: prevent the enemy from gaining control of the skyhook defense complexes that line the suborbital planes of both Earth and Luna.”
Basic Air Assault armor is unlocked at SR-11 while the VERG armor skin is unlocked through mastering all Vehicle commendations.
Halo 5: GuardiansEdit
|N/A||Air Assault||The AIR ASSAULT helmet's long-range comm system makes it popular with Spartan fireteam leaders, but Naphtali also markets this helmet to special force.||Common|
|N/A||Air Assault Disrupt||The AIR ASSAULT helmet's long-range comm system makes it popular with Spartan fireteam leaders, but Naphtali also markets this helmet to special force.||Uncommon|
|N/A||Air Assault Impact||The AIR ASSAULT helmet's long-range comm system makes it popular with Spartan fireteam leaders, but Naphtali also markets this helmet to special force.||Rare|
|N/A||Air Assault Specialist||Ultra Rare|
|N/A||Air Assault||AIR ASSAULT spin-offs were considered for adoption by unaugmented Delta-Six operators, but each suit costs as much as a dropship.||Common|
|N/A||Air Assault Disrupt||AIR ASSAULT spin-offs were considered for adoption by unaugmented Delta-Six operators, but each suit costs as much as a dropship.||Uncommon|
|N/A||Air Assault Impact||AIR ASSAULT spin-offs were considered for adoption by unaugmented Delta-Six operators, but each suit costs as much as a dropship.||Rare|
|N/A||Air Assault Specialist||Ultra Rare|
- Kat-B320 wears a modified variant of the FC-I Air Assault helmet, without the accessory visor attached but the combination hardened uplink/command network module is still attached to the side.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo: Reach - Description: Armory Item - Air Assault (AA Base)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: The Essential Visual Guide - page 4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 146
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Halo Waypoint - Halo 4 Intel - Armor: AIR ASSAULT (Defunct, copy on Wayback Machine)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo 5: Guardians - Description: REQ Card - Air Assault (Helmet)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Halo 5: Guardians - Description: REQ Card - Air Assault (Armor)
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Customization: The Armory