Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
GUNGNIR armor was produced as part of Project GUNGNIR and is one of the few variants to be paired with a specific weapon or vehicle, in this case the Spartan Laser. It uses Wyrd III synchronized optimization, a modification of existing Mjolnir sighting and target-tracking technology, to seamlessly tether the armor wearer to the Spartan Laser's full functionality. The effect improves the wearer's target awareness and firing effectiveness, especially while in motion.
GUNGNIR armor was first tested at the Rajtom Facility and later manufactured by Misriah Armory. Some of its armor components, including the shoulders and knee guards, are also utilized by the UNSC Army and the UNSC Marine Corps.
- In Norse mythology, Gungnir (meaining "swaying one") is Odin's magical spear, which is an infallibly accurate weapon. Odin had only one eye, and the GUNGNIR helmet has only one video camera "eye."
- Early concept art of Jun-A266 shows him wearing an initial model of the GUNGNIR helmet.
- On Long Night of Solace, when Jorge-052 throws the player out of the Corvette, if you are wearing the GUNGNIR knee guards and you look at the right time, you can see the knee guards floating above your knee without being attached to them.
- Changing the visor color will change the color of the camera's lens.
- In the Halo 4 version of the helmet, the camera lens is in the right side instead of the left.