Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Discovery and FoundingEdit
The colony was relatively stable despite two insurrectionist movements, the Free Patriot Movement of 2467 and the Sundered Legion of 2495. By 2497 Chalybs Defense Solutions had set up some facilities.
ONI also, were apparently researching some Forerunner artifacts on the planet.
The Covenant AttacksEdit
- Main article: Battle of Meridian (2548)
This world was discovered by the Covenant Navy in 2548 and attacked, the Covenant attempting to cut-off the colony's supply lines, but the UNSC Defense Force was successful in driving the Covenant off the colony due to an extensive orbital defense grid and a large air force, continuing to fight off Covenant attacks for the next three years until it was finally glassed in 2551.
While glassing the surface, the Covenant sent a three manned team to the surface to look for Forerunner artifacts. This team managed to find an ancient Forerunner Luminary within an underground facility. This specific Luminary though, was special, as it showed all of the known Halo rings and the Lesser Ark.
Recolonisation of the planet after the Human-Covenant War was a contentious issue between those who wanted resettlement and those who wanted to preserve it as a war grave. The discovery of rich mineral deposits in a mountainous area ended the dispute with both sides quietly claiming land to make money on the booming post-war mining industry.
- Main article: Battle of Meridian (2558)
During Blue Team's assault on UNSC Argent Moon, John-117 learned of an incoming attack on Meridian. Disobeying orders by investigating, ONI's propaganda wing reported John to have been Killed in Action as of October 27, 2558 to prevent any political harm from the prospect of a SPARTAN-II going rogue.[note 1] Fireteam Osiris, looking for Blue Team, promptly reached the planet just as it came under attack by the Created. This was in response to the awakening of a Guardian, which quickly left the planet soon afterwards. Lian-Dortmund's Headquarters at Meridian Station, was completely devastated.
During The Reclamation, Liang-Dortmund secretly moved their planetary headquarters to Darkstar Station and continued to mine the glassed surface. They also moved a mining ship and workers into orbit. At the same time, Forerunner complexes beneath surface were turning on, bringing Meridian back into the purview of the UNSC.
Before the war, Meridian was under control of the UEG. However, after the war, the UEG never bothered to recolonize the planet, with the Liang Dortmund company seizing control of the planet and setting up mining platforms on its surface, led by the AI Governor Sloan. After Sloan defected to the Created, Meridian was run by regional directors.
Meridian once had a temperate climate and fertile soil.
- Halo: Reach
- Dr. Halsey's personal journal (First mentioned)
- Data Drop
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Terminals (First appearance)
- Halo 5: Guardians
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Halo Waypoint - Universe - Locations - Meridian
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Glassed
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo: Reach Legendary Edition - Bonus Item: Dr. Halsey's personal journal, January 18, 2532
- ↑ Data Drop 2
- ↑ Halo: Reach Legendary Edition - Bonus Item: Dr. Halsey's personal journal, July 18, 2552
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Halo 2: Anniversary - Terminal 1 - Beholden
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Know for an Answer
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Blue Team (level)
- ↑ Youtube: Halo 5 A Hero Falls TV Commercial (HD)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Evacuation
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Glassed Ceiling
- ↑ Halo 4 Interactive Guide
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page 97