|There is more information available on this subject at Mars on the English Wikipedia.|
Time on Mars tends to give a man... perspective.
Mars was once part of the Forerunner Empire 100,000 years ago, when it was known as Edom. The planet was mostly inhabited with Miner-class Forerunners. Bornstellar-Makes-Eternal-Lasting was sent there by his Builder family to "learn discipline."
- Main article: Argyre Planitia Campaign
Regardless, Mars was the site of a decisive battle during a period where the United Nations organization transitioned into the United Nations Space Command. The UNSC Marines routed the neo-Communist Koslovics on the planet during a series of brutal conflicts in the 2100s before moving on to destroy the Koslovic and Frieden movements throughout the solar system. Following the signing of the Callisto Treaty the remaining Koslovics were put down in a series of harsh crackdowns.
- Main article: Human-Covenant war
During the Human-Covenant War, a contingency plan was composed where Earth's and Mars' military industry facilities would be relocated once their locations were at considerable risk of being discovered. After the Fall of Reach, NAVCOM concluded that Earth's location had likely been compromised, and evacuations began. Evacuations were not completed in time, and the Misriah facilities were brought into full production to resupply UNSC forces.
Attack on MarsEdit
- Main article: Battle of Mare Erythraeum
Once again, Mars was the site of a large scale engagement set on the fields of Mare Erythraeum. There, Colonel James Ackerson and his UNSC Defense Forces combated against the Covenant Loyalist Army, commanded by Jiralhanae Chieftain Lepidus, a battle the UNSC also lost.
The Martian economy, based on the companies that are located on Mars, is mostly weapon and military equipment manufacturing. This might be a reference to the fact that the planet was named after the Roman God of War, Mars.
While not much is known about the trading on Mars. Misriah Armories does produce their products on Mars and then more then likely ships out their products to other colonies. It is known though, that Mars had at least one space elevator.
Corporations On PlanetEdit
There are many corporations that call Mars their home, either through commercial/administrative offices or industrial complexes. These corporations include:
- Misriah Armories
- Oros Trading Company
- Jotun Heavy Industries
- Acheron Security
- Ushuaia Armory
- AMG Transport Dynamics 
- Cadmon Lasky
- Thomas Lasky
- Petra Janecek
- Taylor H. Miles
- Benjamín M. Nùñez
- Gregory Ramos
- Michael Horrigan
- The colonization of Mars was a major plot point in Bungie's Marathon.
- Although Mars has been terraformed, it is always portrayed as barren and dusty.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Halo Waypoint: Universe - Locations - Mars
- ↑ Halo 3: ODST - ViDoc - Desperate Measures
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo: Cryptum - page ???
- ↑ halo.bungie.org - Timeline
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page 33
- ↑ "Jason Jones Interviewed By You" 12/18/2001
- ↑ Halo: Uprising, Issue 1
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 159
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 238
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Have S'moa
- ↑ Halo 3: ODST: Asklon cities list poster
- ↑ Halo: New Blood, - ??
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Michael Horrigan
- ↑ Halo: First Strike, page 219
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Gregory Aio Ramos