Traditionally, a Marine Corps was part of a nation's Navy, based around an infantry component of special operations capable troops that specialized in conducting high-threat naval security operations, rapid-response global force projections and force-in assaults of contested zones, as well as conventional warfare. They incorporated their own armor and air support, enabling them to operate independently and without reliance on external support.
"Marine Corps" can refer to the following:
- Continental Marines - The predecessor to the USMC.
- United States Marine Corps - The Marine Corps of the United States of America.
- United Nations Marine Corps - The Marine Corps of the United Nations.
- UNSC Marine Corps - Marine Corps of the United Nations Space Command.
- UNSC Marine Corps/Gameplay - The UNSC Marines in Halo gameplay.
- This is a disambiguation page - a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.