Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is out-of-date needs to be updated with new information. Please visit this article's talk page for more info.|
- “If you're going to practice divide and rule to maintain some sort of equilibrium at ONI, it's not enough to just set people against one another. The trick is to make sure that you get some useful work out of them as well. Otherwise just dispose of them and save yourself some time.”— Admiral Parangosky to then-Captain Serin Osman.
Born in 2461, Parangosky has been described as short and aged, yet sharp and cold as ice. Despite her withered appearance, she was powerful and deadly; Dr. Catherine Halsey has been noted as the one person to defy her and live, and Colonel James Ackerson considered her to be the most dangerous person in the UNSC. Parangosky was a rear admiral by 2511, and vice admiral by 2531. She was promoted to full admiral some time later.
After the Battle of the Great Bear in 2530, Admiral Preston Cole proposed protocols which would make it difficult for the Covenant to find Earth. This proposal was approved by Parangosky and would later become known as the Cole Protocol.
Restriction of OnyxEdit
In 2511, Parangosky restricted the planet Onyx from the rest of the UNSC after Forerunner ruins were discovered on the surface of the planet that same year. She presumably ignored a Geological Expedition Team's request to conduct further surveys on Onyx as well. She returned several times to check up on and report on the project; however, with nothing to show for its efforts, the project was eventually sidelined in 2525 so that funding could go elsewhere.
In 2531, Parangosky attended a meeting with Rear Admiral Ned Rich and Captain Aaron G. Gibson aboard the UNSC Point of No Return. During this meeting, Colonel Ackerson proposed the SPARTAN-III project, which would produce large numbers of expendable supersoldiers. Parangosky approved the creation of Alpha Company and authorized a plan in which Junior Grade Lieutenant Kurt-051 would be abducted and put in charge of training the SPARTAN-IIIs.
In 2537, Parangosky went aboard the Point of No Return to review the progress of the SPARTAN-III program and to authorize the formation of Beta Company, following the recent destruction of Alpha Company in Operation: PROMETHEUS.
By 2552, Parangosky had risen to rank of admiral and was named the head of the Office of Naval Intelligence. She continued working aboard the Point of No Return, green-lighting some of humanity's most controversial projects. At one point, she adopted the "washed-out" SPARTAN-II candidate Serin Osman as her protégé, grooming her to be her successor. It was noted that Osman is almost like a "granddaughter figure" to Parangosky, and one of the few people she cared about. By late March 2553, she was on the verge of retiring and planned to recommend Osman as her replacement. When Jul 'Mdama escaped she went to Shield World Trevelyan to arrest Dr. Magnusson and replaced her with Magnusson's aide Hugo Barton. As of 2558, Serin Osman had been promoted to Admiral and was head of ONI following Admiral Parangosky's resignation.
Even though she is in her nineties, Parangosky still has a very strong and determined personality. She is quite calculating, never doing anything without a clear purpose and outcome. She recognises that she has done questionable and even inhumane things during her career, but is confident that what she did allowed more people to survive than had she acted otherwise. She is feared throughout the UNSC, soldiers even referring to that fear as "Parangosky-itis".
- Her name is seen on a memorial plaque inside the ONI Alpha Site on Earth. As the Halo Encyclopedia states that she was still alive and on board the Point of No Return at that time and a reference to Parangosky is made in a transcript of the psychological evaluation of Frederic-104 during the start of the invasion of Earth in the 2010 re-release of Halo: First Strike. This is obviously an ONI cover up as she appears in Glasslands and Thursday War.
- Her motto is "Strength through Paranoia".
- She is stated to prefer the speed and maneuverability of a frigate to the brute strength of a flagship.
- Halo: First Strike (First mentioned)
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx (First appearance)
- Halo 3: ODST (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Glasslands
- Halo: The Thursday War
- Halo 4
- Spartan Ops (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Mortal Dictata
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Halo Waypoint - Data Drop 2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 127
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 80
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 124
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 44
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Halo Encyclopedia, "UNSC Personnel", page 72
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, pages 44-49
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, pages 80-88
- ↑ Halo Waypoint — 343 Sparkast #5