- “MLG rules and variants for Free For All games.”— In-game description for Halo 3's ranked MLG FFA playlist
MLG FFA is a ranked playlist for Halo 3. The playlist utilizes the free-for-all settings used by Major League Gaming. It was released on March 2, 2010, and requires all downloadable content to access. Bungie has recently announced that this playlist has been removed in preparation for the upcoming release of Halo: Reach. This is the first playlist to disappear in Halo 3; Bungie has warned that there will be more.
- MLG Guardian
- MLG Heretic
- MLG Lockdown (Foundry variant)
- MLG Reactor (Assembly variant, top bases blocked off)
- MLG Citadel (Shotgun tunnels blocked)
- MLG FFA: Free-for-all Slayer with no scoring limit, ten minute time limit and MLG settings applied.
Much like the MLG playlist, players will start with a Battle Rifle and two Frag Grenades. The modified traits of 110% player movement speed and damage, as well as the 90% shield recharge rate, are kept. The motion tracker, unlike the original playlist, is active.
On all maps used, power weapons and power-ups are removed.