|This article does not have enough inline citations/proper citation format. You can help Halo Nation by adding citations.|
- “With the addition of SPARTAN-IV super-soldiers into the Office of Naval Intelligence’s expansive military scheme, the Materials Group has spearheaded the next generation of MJLONIR Powered Assault Armor, officially dubbed ‘GEN2.’ Now produced by half a dozen military and privately contracted manufacturers, the newest format of ONI’s prodigious armor technology comes with ad hoc modification systems, which, in addition to Armor Abilities, allows for Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades. These enhancements give Spartans the opportunity to improve their combat performance as well as personalize their actions in the field.”—Halo Waypoint description
The MJOLNIR GEN2 Powered Assault Armor is the newest generation of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor, specifically designed for the SPARTAN IV Program, and introduced following the conclusion of the Human-Covenant war of 2525-2552.
This armor was not designed or created by Dr. Catherine Halsey, but was instead created by the Materials Group. It is produced by dozens of manufacturers, both private and militarized. Aesthetically, the second generation of MJLONIR armour differs from first generation most noticeably in regards to its streamlined edges, pronounced power pack design and increased customization options.
Unlike the previous installments of MJOLNIR armor, the ceramic-metallic alloy that composes the main armor plates is much more versatile, and can be attached to the metal-alloy under-suit within a matter of seconds (as opposed to the original MK. IV armor, which took SPARTAIN-IIs several hours and a team of technicians to don). One of the most drastic physical changes between GEN2 and GEN1 MJOLNIR armor is the under-suit. It seems that SPARTAN IV personel wear part of their under-suit at all times so they can be readied for battle more quickly. GEN2 armor boasts a more streamlined and form-fitting metal-alloy under-suit with the sheathing of the neck now extending until just under the jaw. Whether this design modification was implemented in regards to pressurizing the suit in vacuum is unknown. The outermost layer of the under-suit has also been modified, now resembling a layer of scales
With regard to armor customization, the second generation of MJOLNIR armour has a much greater degree of modularity, with alternative helmets, shoulders, chestplates, legs, forearms and visors available. Moreover, SPARTAN-IVs are able to tune their armor using Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades to better suit operational requirements.
- MJOLNIR/WAR MASTER
- MJOLNIR/MARK V
- MJOLNIR/MARK VI
- MJOLNIR/MARK VII
- MJOLNIR/AIR ASSAULT
- The top half of the undersuit is colored the same as the primary color, unlike all other Halo games.
- Since MJOLNIR/Mark VII is available it would seem that it made it to mass production stage.
- The Motion Tracker of the MJOLNIR GEN 2 armor is more detailed than that of the GEN 1's. The GEN 2's displays vehicles with their approximate shape, not just as red or yellow dots.
- Enemies with Active Camouflage and unoccupied vehicles appear blue.