|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
The new iteration – the M820 – of the storied Scorpion is half the mass of the old M808 yet has nearly identical firepower and armor protection. As expected, ONI spares no expense with its "security" Scorpions, outfitting them with experimental ammunition using the latest energetic propellants. Advanced Scorpion with heavy armor and upgraded cannon.
The M820 Main Battle Tank, better known as the Scorpion, was a post-war replacement for the M808 and M808B Scorpion tanks used during the Human-Covenant war. It functions largely the same but is half the mass of the older M808 and M808B. The Office of Naval Intelligence equips their Scorpions with experimental technologies, such as an upgraded cannon, heavier armor and the newest rounds with energetic propellants.
Changes from the M808 ScorpionEdit
- Pintle-mounted machine gun no longer fires as fast.
- Main cannon's rate of fire reduced.
- A weak spot has been added; a grill on the rear of the Scorpion.
- CORP Scorpion - An up-armored Scorpion used by Liang Dortmund.
- Tundra Scorpion - An up-armored Scorpion used in arctic environments.
- Woodland Scorpion - An up-armored Scorpion with a woodland camouflage pattern.
- Urban Scorpion - An up-armored Scorpion used by the UNSC Army and the UNSC Marine Corps.
- ONI Scorpion - A heavily-armored Scorpion used by ONI with a faster firing main cannon, utilizing experimental ammunition.
- Hannibal Scorpion - A testbed Scorpion from Hannibal Weapon Systems currently being tested in War Games simulations onboard UNSC Infinity. This experimental Scorpion has a fast-discharge directed energy cannon, similar to that of a M-145D Rhino, as well as a gauss repeater turret.