|M739 Light Machine Gun|
Light machine gun
|Damage Per Hit||
|Rate of Fire||
920 rounds/min [Notes 1]
~2,600 ft/s (792 m/s) 
Medium at close range
The M739 Light Machine Gun, also known as the SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) is used in heavy engagements where sustained or suppressive fire is required. The SAW's ability to fire faster than some mounted machine guns and more powerful than the Assualt Rifle can make it useful for a player on-foot to turn the tables on an enemy vehicle or group of enemies, the only drawback being a slight recoil from extended firing.
- The SAW fills the same role as the real-life M249 (Which is also nicknamed "SAW").
- The Master Chief is able to recover a SAW from the wreckage of the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn during the level Requiem, hinting that the SAW was in service before the Human-Covenant War's end.
- The SAW has a yellow light on the back of the top rail which is used as an ammo counter
- The ammo counter, instead of using numbers like the MA5 family of firearms, uses a bar that lowers as ammo is spent changing colors from yellow to red as ammo gets low
- The ammo counter seems to be holographic instead of being attached to the gun.
List of AppearancesEdit
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- ↑ Fire rate acquired by timing with a stopwatch to the nearest millisecond. Mathematics used: Number of rounds fired (N) divided by the time required to fire those rounds (T) multiplied by 60 = rounds per minute. Example: N / T * 60 = RPM